nichjake

What should I name her?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What should I name her?

• Gracie
    • Liz
    • Eneus (latin for bronze, her color)
    • other, please post any other ideas

My newest fish needs a name. I think its a she though I'm not quite sure what she is, some say shes a fantail, some say a bronze or chocolate moor. Based on the idea that moors are only supposed to come in black I'm leaning towards fantail. Here are some pics...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/473742155ZveXZj

http://community.webshots.com/photo/475170...475170109hChRaU

http://community.webshots.com/photo/473742...473742161EgQAkq

there are a few more pics on my website, the links take you there, just poke around a bit if you want to see them.

Thanks guys

I like LIZ!! Cute name....

By the pics that you have she certainly looks like a Moor to me, but the eyes aren't quite moor like I guess....hmmmm????

I suppose it's quite possible that it is a fantail....Anyways cute fishy!! Congrats on her/him...LOL

Gracie!!

Wow, she's really pretty :) I'm not so much for chocolate orandas but I love chocolate fantails/moors. (go figure) She looks like I fish I would pick out :) Maybe a moor or telescope/fantail mix.

Congrats! :newfish She (ha) is a real cutie pie!

I don't know how old she is but it can take a while for telescope eyes to develop fully - so give her some time... I was going to vote for Eneus becauce I have a penchant for all things Latin - but after seeing her pix I went with Liz b/c it just seems to suit her. Whatever you choose, she will be a very happy fish! :D

Very pretty fish! When I voted, the results showed just about a 3 way tie! I think you are going to have to decide what her personality seems to be. Is she more of a Gracie or a Liz? Personally I would stick with a simple name, and I heard that colors can change.

Very true on the color changing. When I got her she was pretty black, then she lightened up to what you see in the pics, last night she was almost black looking and today shes more broze again. I don't know if its the light or what but I hope she decides what color shes going to a sticks with it

I think colors change on some fish with their moods. When they get lighter or more faded, it ususally means they are bored, tired, or sick. Darker/brighter/richer colors mean they are happy, active healthy. It her colors are changing this often I don't think its anything to worry about. My old betta always turned lighter at night and during waterchanges, my old moor turned lighter at night too. My baby lionhead turned faded (and stayed faded, not switching around like yours) when she was very sick. My present betta's colors were darker and more muddy looking when I got him because he was in such poor conditions, and now he's a rich dark red. My present tetras are ALWAYS changing colors. They are black neons, so their black stripe goes away when they are sleepy, bored or scared. If I sit with them during the day it gets very dark and fat from being more active...they think they are going to get food lol!

Archived