Tropical Pics

glitterfish

yeah! its hard to get a shark pic because he is SO fast!!!

I have the 3 painted tetras, 3 red eye tetras, 1 wag tail platy, one silver mollie, irredescent shark, golden pleco, and 2 aquatic frogs in there. One of the frogs is albino. So cute!! :wub:

Guest Chishower

Just to warn you, the albino frog is an albino clawed frog (I dont think ADF's come in albino yet) and it can reach 3-5 inches and eat other fishies. Just keep an eye on him and be ready to move him if he gets too aggressive.

Your tank is so pretty! I love all the plants. Sharky is really cute, too.

gorgiose fish!

watch that irradescent shark.. he's gunna be bigger then a koi and able to break the glass on the tank at 6" or something like that!

painted!?!?! lol, i got one before i knew about it too. a parrot. be extra nice to 'em since they had to go through that. :)

beautiful irradescent, what size aq. do ya have him in out of curiosity? i heard they're kinda like balas in the skiddish jumping knock-ornaments-around dept.

yeah i know! i found out and i was like ohhh no! theyre pretty fish. a bit aggressive though.

the shark is with them in a 10 gallon. he isnt very big yet. he is a bit skittish and fast but not out of control.

Hi again everyone. I took a couple clearer pics of Sharky and one of my albino frog. Let me know what you think!! :D

sharky.jpg

sharky2.jpg

these look a lot better than the other one, hard to get him though, hes QUICK!

froggie.jpg

pinky :)

• 3 weeks later...

The concern people have had about the shark are correct.

Here is a link with a picture of a fully grown Iridescent Shark. These fish are not suitable for the home aquarium. Ofcourse most of the captive ones die before they get fully grown.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/panga...gasiu/172_8.php

Also the frog looks like an african clawed frog and those are usually considered to need around 10gallon per frog (yep, same as goldfish) and when they get bigger they'll eat any fish they'll get their hands on.

It's a nice looking tank though and baby Iridescent Sharks are adorably cute. Too bad they don't stay that way.

Archived