Omg Did It Have Babies?

gialeigh

Ok, so I go over to my crayfish tank and think boy the glass is sure dirty, so I wipe it off and realize the spots are inside. Upon closer inspetion, I see that they look like little sacks...and they are everywhere!!! Then I notice teeny teeny tiny little thingys moving around inside the tank. They look like little white things. All I can see is 2 circles and then one circle...kind of like this.. 8o

It looks like the 2 circles in front could be claws and the circle in the back would be the body. :krazy:

I never saw it carry around eggs and we have had it for about 6 weeks. There are no other crayfish with it. The sacks are greyish too, not pink like the photos Ive seen, so what do you think??????

I dont know please help! I dont know what to do!

Please!!! No one has experience with this??? AHHHH! What do I do!!!

My husband found a site on the internet that said that crayfish can carry around sperm for quite a few months and then fertilize the eggs when she's ready, say, like in the spring time. So maybe that is what happened. They really do look like teeny crayfish though. They even swim backwards like crayfish do! Right now they are just scurrying around the glass and there are still little sacs stuck all over the glass. I changed some of the water yesterday, maybe that stirred up the eggs and that is why they are all over the place? I dont know. I swear they are about the size of the period on the end of this sentance. Actually, they look like this :. Well, imagine if the two dots in the front were connected with the one in the back. That would be them. Anyway, if it is baby crayfish, how do I care for them???? Should I cover my filter intake? :krazy:

OOOOOH and guess what else! When I woke up this morning my husband was yelling for me.....and yelling at the cat. The crayfish got out of its tank somehow and the cat got it. It is missing a leg and not moving much...I dont know if she will make it...... Is there something I can treat her with to help her feel better or to heal better? Will salt work? Or stress coat? I think that is all I have on hand.... :cry

Guest Chishower

I would just try to keep her water 100% perfect, I doubt they would enjoy salt too much.

If they are babies you might want to cover your filter...but I have no idea exactly what they are. o.o

I wouldn't use salt either. Just do a large water change and see what happens. You could also search on the net for cray fish meds, but I do not know any off hand.

I would also cover the filter intake. Just like baby snails, they would probably love to go up there.

WWWAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I just looked i my tank! There are

still the baby looking crayfish things, but in addition to that

there are little white worms covering the glass in the tank!!!!

Could they maybe have come out of her when she laid eggs????? I

thought they were gone! They look exactly like the worms that were

attached to her when I got her, which supposedly are harmless, but

how could they all come back like this! When I got her there were

maybe 5 worms on her. This things are now covering the glass of the

tank!

I still think there are babies in there, but its the mom Im worried

about. I know that salting the tank last time killed a lot of these

worms, but crayfish do not like salt....so I dont know.

The mama crayfish seems ok...well....she's not dead. She is still

hiding all the time. I cat tell if she is eating or not. But at

least she is still alive. Hopefully she is just healing.

I am pretty disapointed by the lack of responses to this. No one has had any experience with this?

:) The white worms on the tank sound like Planeria which show up sometimes when the tank gets a little too dirty.A few water changes and a couple gravel vacs,usually get rid of them though. ;)

Sounds like you might have Cyclops rather than baby crayfish; the planaria kind of makes sense with that since it means you have uneaten food stuff somewhere. Baby crays stay on the mother usually I think (at least in the species I've read about).

Sigh* DArn. Ok well I guess Ill start changing the water again. I was afraid to if they were babies...but screw it . no one thinks they are babies so I guess now I just gotta get rid of them.

Archived