How To Properly Re0seal An Aquarium.

gialeigh

I recently found a leak in my 35 gallon aquarium. It must be a tiny, tiny leak, because I cannot figure out where its comming from. I thought the water loss was just evaporation, but we noticed recently that the carpet under the stand is SOAKED! The stand is hollow, so we think it dripped from the bottom and that is how it got UNDER the stand.

Soooo...I attempted to reseal the bottom...but I just put it over the old sealant. Im pretty sure this isnt the right way to do it and I dont want to risk another mess, so can someone please tell me the proper way to re-seal a whole aquarium? Thanks......

Where is it leaking? from the seal on the corners or the seal on the bottom? If it's on the bottom I'd seal all around the bottom. But I dunno how it's gonna work though. Best way of course is to drain ur tank and re-seal all sides. But I think it's too much work :unsure:

AHHHH! I found out that it is actually the FILTER that is leaking! And the crack is in a place that I cant reach to seal it back up!!!! I had to go by a new one. Darn. Oh well. I already resealed the bottom so if there was a crack there, well, I think I sealed it pretty go so I dont think I have to worry about it.

The new one or the old one??? Lol I just got a Whisper filter (on a budget lol!). It only pushes 200 gph. Im not thrilled with that but it should get me by. It is a hex tank, so the filter that pushed 300 gph would not fit on the side of it! I would have got a better one if it would have fit on the tank. I soooo hope there was no leak in the tank after all. We will see in a few days I suppose. *sigh*

Hey even though I dont need to reseal the aquarium right now, Id still like to know how to do it if anyone knows how. :D

Archived