Plankton?

Maceo

Toothless mentioned that Spud's vivid color may have been due to the plankton in his diet. :) (http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28959) That was enough for me to try it, and I know there are a TON of variables in fish coloration anyway, so I'm not counting on bright red goldies ;) Anything new and fun for them is always good. I soaked some freeze-dried plankton for a few minutes and gave it to them, and MAN did they have happy seizures. Like it was raining porkchops... :krazy:

Word of caution, the freeze-dried plankton can REALLY stink up an enclosed space... and I had the can completely closed, and no plankton-spills anywhere... the super-salty-fish smell was just coming up off of the tank water. I've had my office open as much as possible for the past few days, and the smell has finally gone. Now I'm off to feed them some more!! :heart

My fish are pretty bright - I feed them ProGold and Spirulina Flakes on alternating days, except for Fast Day and the following Pea Day :) now plankton is in the mix.

hope this helps!

Archived