Small Victory At Walmart

balashark

just a neat little personal story to tell.

ok, so i go into the nooppee's pet section every once in a while, just to see what they have. never much in the way of fish, but that's to be expected. well every time i went in there they'd have the plastic fish bowls sitting out for customers to buy. i'd always talk to the guys back in the pet dept and i'd always remind them that bowls are never good habitats for fish; but what are ya gonna do, corporate chains are out to make money. several weeks go by of mentioning to different employees how crappy bowls are (often in front of customers, but always in a friendly tone).

so anyways, i walk in today to pick up some other stuff, and out of habbit i walk back to the pet dept. the employee at the counter saw me coming and gave me this huge smile and glanced upwards. i looked where she was gazing and on the topmost shelf sat all the little plastic bowls, completely out of reach to anyone without a ladder. along the shelves at eyesight were the hexes 1,2,5, and 7s. below that the starter 10s and 20s, below that on the floor sat two 50 gallon aquariums and stands in boxes, always kept in the back before.

a small victory over bowls, but an encouraging one none the less :)

WOW, thats great!!

My friend and I used to go into nnnnnn and we'd add more water to the betta plastic bowls that they had them in. I'd always buy more too. I had 32 at one point! Felt so bad for them in less than an inch of water in their own filth! :crp

:D Yes, but if we keep adding inch's, we'll soon have a mile! Kudos to you BalaShark!

I've been pleased to note a small improvement, not much, but the Betta containers are now larger in a couple of stores. Much nicer. Also noted a nice clean up in the tanks in one store that has alway's been really flaky!

:D

Thats great, it shows that although the store cant stop getting the bowls in the employees that stock the shelves can put them where no one can reach...one voice made a difference yet agian!

Fantastic! imagine, if all consciencious goldfish lovers were to voice their opinions about goldfish, pet-store owners might start to get the hint. then the world! imagine a world dominated by fancy goldfish fanciers! :D .. sorry, got a little carried away there. Again, fantastic job, keep on truckkin!

Archived