New Guy!

Guest squeeker

Guest squeeker

I got a new fishy yesterday from Andrew of Fish Sempai. I just found out that he's from Toronto, so I decided to stop in and check things out on my way home from Thanksgiving. Wow, what gorgeous fish he has! Tosakins, ranchus, pearlscales, orandas, ryukins, telescopes... Andrew took me on a tour of his whole setup, including his personal collection! I was there for over an hour!

I had my heart set on a pretty little ranchu. I looked at all the fish, and I remember passing by the ryukin tank. Now, at home I have all ryukins, so I wasn't planning on another, and these were WAY out of my price range, anyway. ;)

So it was finally time for me to pick, and I went to look at the ranchus. They were beautiful! However, I really wanted a male, and of course, it was the females that were the lookers of the bunch. I went back to look at the pearlscales, and I asked, in passing, how much the beautiful ryukins were going for. Imagine my shock when he says, "only $30... I'm getting a new shipment in and I need them out of here." This was me :blink:

Meet my :newfish , a red and white ryukin! :rolleyes: Any good name ideas? I was thinking of Splash... but I'm not sure yet.

post-3546-1129042043_thumb.jpg

Guest squeeker

He's so cute! He holds his fins so nice and high all the time!

He's even got little breeding stars :heart

I'm thinking Splash is going to stick...

:D Congrats on Splash! I think Spalsh is a befitting name-looks like someone pulled a brush full of paint back and then left go! :lol: His markings are pretty!

Guest squeeker

Thanks, everyone!

Aww, siansy... glad to be a namesake!

Tosakin in Oz, what kind of fish was Schlomo? I'm sorry to hear he passed. What did he die from?

Hi squeeker, Schlomo is the little dude in my Avatar, he was a broad-tail ryunkin, not as high a hump on the back, but with a broad, butterfly-tail. Schlomo was battling dropsy for about a month, it's been a tough road, but I'm glad he's no longer suffering. I'm just sad that I never got a chance to breed with him, I was waiting until next season, coz his girlfriend (matching pair) is only 12 months old. It's such a bummer, these things happen even if you keep the water immaculate. I've got heaps of filtration, air, waterchanges and even UV, but there are some things that cause dropsy that is just untreatable. :crp

Guest squeeker

Barbra44, Fish Sempai has (I believe) 4 more ryukins left. They aren't on his website. If you can get over there to his place, you won't be sorry!

Fondoo, His ranchus are gorgeous. Only reason I didnt get a ranchu was because I wanted a specific coloration of male... and he's got a whole new batch coming in next month :heart

Tosakin in Oz, I feel for ya. I've got a big ryukin in my HT battling dropsy right now, and it isn't fun. We can only do our best... Don't worry, you'll find that special fish again :)

Archived