Snail Appear Out Of Nowhere

d_golem

A tiny snail (1/2 cm long)suddenly appeared in my plastic tub used for keeping hornwort & duckweed :o how could it appear? could there be a snail egg in the hornwort or duckweed and it hatched?

My brother purchased a plant for his tank and found a whole lot of snail eggs - so he put them in a tub and dumped them on my front door... said I could 'raise' them.... sadly, they didn't make it :( I thought they were big enough to put into a tank only my greedy goldie honed in on them and ate them...

I'm a bad snail keeper - that's for sure :unsure:

My brother purchased a plant for his tank and found a whole lot of snail eggs - so he put them in a tub and dumped them on my front door... said I could 'raise' them.... sadly, they didn't make it  :( I thought they were big enough to put into a tank only my greedy goldie honed in on them and ate them...

I'm a bad snail keeper - that's for sure  :unsure:

409955[/snapback]

Jen,believe me when I say that you were probably better off with your Goldfish eating them.Chances are about 99.9% that they were either Ramshorn babies or the tiny little pest snails,and after having them for a short time,you'd be pulling your hair out because that's how fast they multiply!!! :o Listen to me....I know what I'm talkin about....Been there done that(Still doin it cause they won't go away) :lol:

Archived