Eheim Thermo

Guest Hawners

Guest Hawners

Im having trouble keeping my tank clean and brown algae is running rampant in my tank. I was reading that UV filters help kill off algea and other stuff floaten around. I already have a biowheel 350 and 150 on a 60 gal tank with 4 goldfish and 2 loaches. I tried less light, no light at all, and feeding them less.

Gonna go crazy from all the algea soon :krazy:

Heh I forgot to post my question x.x

Does the thermo have the UV filter in it... I was reading and it doesnt specifically say or Do I just need an actual UV filter?

I do not believe it does. I think it contains a combined heater with the filter - so the water is heated in the filter area, not in a separate tank heater.

There are many different varieties and brands of UV filters. I am fond of the "stand alone" ones that have adjustable power heads, but are not dependant on your main filter to work. That is one of my idiosyncrasies - I prefer to keep every piece of equipment as separate as possible from every other one.

If I had a filter that filtered, heated and had UV all built into one, and the UV or the heater failed, the entire expensive unit might need to be replaced. If they are separate entities and the heater fails, all I am faced with replacing is the heater. Ditto for UV units, etc. JMO. :)

daryl is right it only comes with a heater element no uv light but if you but a eheim then you can add a uv light in the discharge line and be that much better off,what is the temp in your tank i got the brown algea once turned down the temp,algea went away

Archived