Koi Fry

Fire_Wolf

I'm depressed...... I was told they are not koi, but "nice goldie fry"...

There isn't any goldie's in my pond either! <_<

I know they are not all great, but some do show a bit of promise and deffinetly some sanke there. We caught out 21 today and know there's 9 still in pond at least.

MVC-014S.jpg

MVC-012S.jpg

They are pretty if nothing else,lol! I did a mega clean down, plants, pots, rocks, pond... excess roots, algae slime. The pond was dry for 4 day's and the plants sat in the creek for the whole in 45* water. I do this every spring asap. I had all my fish in the stock tank while I did that. When I re-filled, the pond sat 24 hours with the uv on before I put the koi back in. I left the shebs in the stock tank to keep that filter running. My female is a pond comet. There fry look nothing like these do, shorter,deeper and just flat not the same. So I dunno, though I was told to wait, whisker should show by 3 mo's if they are truly koi! Still, I think they look more koi then goldfish.

I still don't see how any goldy eggs would or could have survived a week in a 45* creek personally. And of course we turned right back around to bad weather for a couple of more weeks, so these guy's couldn't be more the a month and half old and I got a 2" measurement. Sort of confuses me all to heck.

I quess will have to wait and see, though I never could see Rocky's whiskers until he got up in size. You'd have thought he was a fat little goldfish baby too.

Young Showa or Sanke possibly, goldfish maybe..... :rofl Toss a coin I guess! :)

Jen, folks on another board (not kv) been some disagreements. It wasn't nice.. :( Its a case of time is going to have to tell the story.

Archived