Hillstream Loach

Peanuts

I'm thinking of getting 2 hillstreams when i get my bigger tank, the new tank will be just under 30 gals with a Black moor and Lionhead. What i want to know is how many gals does a Hillstream need or will this tank be a good enough size for two loaches?

Guest Reziztor

One thing to remember about Hillstream/Butterfly loaches is that they are adapted to fast moving river currents. So they are happiest with a lot of water movement in one direction. The problem is that most fancy goldfish dont like all that blowing water. You can keep the loaches in stable water though... They just wont be really happy. My Hillstreams always find the place in my tanks with the most current and use it as an HQ.

One thing to remember about Hillstream/Butterfly loaches is that they are adapted to fast moving river currents. So they are happiest with a lot of water movement in one direction. The problem is that most fancy goldfish dont like all that blowing water. You can keep the loaches in stable water though... They just wont be really happy. My Hillstreams always find the place in my tanks with the most current and use it as an HQ.

410305[/snapback]

Thank you that's something I?ll have to hold in consideration, the tank that i'm planning on getting will house two internal filters so hopefully the hills will like the fact that there will be 2 small currents in the form of these.

Archived