Danios Compatible With Other Goldfish?

Guest WoodenCoyote

Guest WoodenCoyote

I've been studying cycling, and an article recommended using danios. If I did that, I'd want to keep the danio in the new tank afterwards with my other fish. Are they compatible with goldfish? I have a pearlscale right now.

I have been keeping daninos with goldfish for 4 years and haven't had any trouble. Danios can be a bit nippy but if kept in a group of 4 or more they will only chase each other and leave the goldfish alone.

I have been keeping daninos with goldfish for 4 years and haven't had any trouble.  Danios can be a bit nippy but if kept in a group of 4 or more they will only chase each other and leave the goldfish alone.

409381[/snapback]

:exactly:exactly:exactly

keep them in groups of 6 or more to prevent nipping !!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone

Im thinking of maybe keeping white clouds with my goldies, im just wondering how you would feed them?? As they both i would think have different types of staple foods, im wanting to feed my goldies with sinking pellets as this sight the author of this site has recommended.

Thanks any response will be valid :D

Guest Croc_123

so, if none of you have had problems with keeping dainos with your fancy goldfish, would I be able to keep zebra and giant dainos(as long as they are in groups) with these types of fish?

bettas

paradise fish

gouramis

angel fish

and fancy tailed guppies?

thanks in advanced for any info.

Guest Chishower

I tried keeping my danios with a betta, and that worked for about two minutes. It was my most docile female, too, but apparently the danio fins just looked too appealing.... :rolleyes:

Bettas: depends on the personality of the betta, but its pretty risky.

Angles: no, I think the angles would try to eat them

Guppies: yes :)

Paradise/medium or large gourami: I don't know personally, but I think they would be eaten.

Dwarf gourami: yes :)

Giant danios get really big! Most danios can be kept with most fancy goldfish if kept in a group like others have said, but its risky to try and keep them with single tailed goldfish like commons and comets. They are much more quick and might catch and eat the little danios.

Guest Croc_123

I was just over at another forum that I belong there, and the manager therer actually told me that he has had no problems with keeping zebra dainos with adult angle fish.

I have a tank that wasn't really planned. It started out with zebra danios, white clouds, and four female bettas. Then I needed a place to put a lionhead, and the only tank available was this one. The lionhead has done really well with his tankmates :-)

Everyone gets along great in that tank. I have a lot of rocks, a big piece of driftwood and lots of plants as furnishings.

Archived