Filtration Rate

Guest jamoko

Guest jamoko

Juwel Filter System: Compact H Filter, 190L tank, Power head: 301K

this is the only info i have regarding the internal filter that came as standard in my tank.

i want to know the filtration rate but have no idea how to work it out?

can anyone help>

jamoko

Glad you found it, Jamoko... Btw, that is a pretty comet in your signature - the big one to the right.... :heart

thanks andrea, i've had him just over 6 years, he and the smaller comet where both rescued from a playgroup near where i live, they had been abandoned over the summer holidays and left in a tiny goldfish bowl, they had been locked in the hall for 3 weeks before they where found and their water was pure green, it was terrible! he was 2 & 3/4inches long then and i got a bigger bowl for the two of them, then not long after i got them a proper tank, this is their second tank now and he now measures amost 9" including tail!! i'd love to be able to get a huge tank to see how big he could eventually grow to! he's a real character too if you sit down to your tea before feeding him he goes mad and when you do go over to feed him he'll give a big splash to soak you :lol:

Guest richard23

thats the same tank I have. on the advice I received, I purchased an external eheim filter to run alongside the juwel one. only problem is the piping is bigger than the holes in the tank roof and on the sides so the back triangle of the roof is slightly up.

that comet though is amazing, Im envious!!! I have 4 tiny little babies all about 1 - 2 inches long one of them has the most beautiful white and red fantail.

good luck with the new tank!

thanks richard! yes i've been having a filter discussion with sandy on the uk board, am curently trying to decide what to do, i like the idea of another internal filter (clearseal magi-flow 1000lph) and the eheim external is good apart from as you say...the pipes don't fit right, and i had a juwel 104 canister filter on my old tank and i really hated it so much. it looks like if i go for an internal filter i'm going to have a shortfall of 500lph turnover wise, but my tank is overstocked and anythings better than my present 2x turnover!

jamoko

Archived