Have New Tank, Can I....

I have a new tank it is about 45-55 gallon I have to get measurements and figure out exactly the gallons. Can I, for now put a filter for a 30 gallon to just start the cycling. I will be buying a proper filter on October 15th for the tank and put the media in there from the 30 gallon filter. Would this work.

I am getting the tank today after thanksgiving dinner at my mom's place. My sister has it in the garage and need it out of there before it gets too cold. Winters can be very cold here in Canada. I can set it up when I get home :krazy: . And then wait for cycling to be done and here comes :newfish , 3 angel fish. :heart:krazy:

:krazy: I got the fish tank set up last night as soon as i got home. I forgot to get the gravel for it from my sis but getting it today. It is neat pink and blue mixed together. I loved the look when she had her tank set up. The good thing is that she did not use it for long. She kept on moving it with her everytime she moved but did not set it up. I checked for leaks since it has been moved so much in the last couple of yrs. Everything is great. Looks neat in the corner of my frontroom. It is a corner tank, not exactly a hexagon tank. I can't figure out how much gallons it is because of the weird shape. Can anyone help me.

why not get two smaller filters... thats what i did on my 40. I have a penguin and an aquaclear... get loads of GPH, and if one dies, Im not sunk, ya know?

Archived