Cloudy Stuff

x-Lucy-Fish-x

:huh: in my betta tank... (should this be in the betta section!?) its cycling as i recently put a filter in there.. but theres this like white cloudyness on the surface of the water, kinda like when theres oil on the surface of the sea or something.. anyone know what it is?

i tried to get rid of it yesterday by using a cup to do a water change and just letting it all go in the cup (took aages!) i got rid of it all and turned the filter back on, then this morning its back again!

I have this too, and no filter. I think I read a similar post and someone said it was betta spit :) Is it kind of like a really thin film? What are your water params? (just in case)

i cant afford test kits and usually get along quite fine without them.. (mums never had any and shes done fine with her tropicals for over 30 yrs) ... but anyway, yea, erm well its never been there before i put this filter in, the filter was a really crummy one which came with the ten gal i got for my goldies ages ago (when i didnt know the ten gal per fish) and i recently got a new filter for the ten so the old filter which has practicly no current has gona into the 3gal betta tank as it is perfect for it.. although it is cycling again as i had to boil it after disease outbreak.

sorry if this post isnt making sense, im just throwing in info that might not even be relavent.. im not feeling so good :(

yea its like a thin film of cloudy white.. like when i look through the side of the tank at the surface of the water its just white not clear and when you drip a bit of water on to the surface it will break the film and leave a little whole which will close up in like a minute.... blah blah.. im gonna go bk to bed

Archived