Another Goldie Watercolor

Donya

http://www.deviantart.com/view/23824145/

My new calico guy inspired this one.

Does anyone have some photos of fish that they wouldn't mind me using as art models? I am running out of good sources and I only get to look at my own fishy (well, fishIES now) from the top, sooo.... :unsure: I would kind of like to try some side views but don't have much experience with that.

Guest Chishower

I might have an old photo of my puggy you could try....and it would be nice to see her in paint. She was a chocolateish oranda...

I miss my baby.

:heart What a lovely Watercolor! Did you start a thread about this new fish?Have I somehow missed it? :lol: Anyway very pretty! I love Calico's! I recently lost a favorite fish-My Jazzie Bleu.I would be extremly honored if you did a water color in her memory. :heartDSCF2941.jpg

Guest Chishower

Devs, I cant get over how beautiful Jazzy was! Not to mention, that picture is amazingly clear.

Donya, I was curious...do you do commisions? I would love a picture of Puggy to remember her by, And I would gladly pay for one, your such a talented artist. If your interested, we can talk it over on DA, as to not clog up this thread.

:) Thanks! Jazzie was the sweetest,and loved to pose for the camera for sure.I can't believe she's gone a couple weeks now,and getting stuck between a potted plant,what a way to lose her. :cry1 Donya is very talented isn't she? My daughter's the same way.Now me,I can't even draw a ""Stickman" Go figure.... :lol:

I don't really do commissions in the typical sense...I've never sold anything but prints. I've tried to stay away from normal commissions because when I have done them I've gotten too many people wanting stuff. I'm happy to try drawing a photo on request, but it might not turn out very well. Keep in mind I've only really been using color since July. If you have a photo of Puggy I could give it a try.

Did you start a thread about this new fish?Have I somehow missed it?

Wasn't really a new thread, just a tack-on to my grumblings about not finding the goldie breeds I was looking for lol. I wound up getting a little calico telescope guy (though he doesn't have the watercolor fish's pattern).

Guest Chishower
I've tried to stay away from normal commissions because when I have done them I've gotten too many people wanting stuff.

I wish I had that problem. I can't draw to save my life! :rofl

If you want to draw her, I have an album for her here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/y298/chishow...h/Pugwilligans/

The pictures aren't the best, but there are some decent sideview shots if you wanted to try that angle.

A calico telescope...I cant imagine that, for some reason. The only telescopes I can imagine are moors and orange ones. Odd. Pretty, though.

Don't do commisions? It seems like a great way to make a little extra money on the side. But I can understand if you feel something like that would be too stressful.

I love you watercolor. I wish I had some decent pics of my fish to let you work from.

I tried to draw Kasem (Betta) and color with dry pastels. It's hard to draw something that won't hold still!

btw- the picture isn't very good. (the one I drew. Donya's is awesome)

If it's the DA website that's giving you problems, just hit refresh. Sometimes it doesn't show up the first try (too much traffic I think).

awesome painting donya, i really like the color over the shadow, neat affect.

you could def make a little extra spending money off those if you were willing to sell 'em i bet. anyways, great job.

how's your new fishie doin?

Archived