Corydoras Catfish

Guest teagie

I'm about to, so I hope so! :D

As long as your pH is stable (test your kH to find out if it is) and you gradually intruduce the new pH they should be fine. I've heard they are very hardy. Please get at least two more, they are schooling fish and are much happier with others. Also, its best not to keep them at goldies :)

I dont think cories would like that... but im now positive.. they can be hardy, but are picky about their water.... and their tropical.. about 78 degrees f for them... and their a schooling fish.. they need buds.

My pH is 7.9-8 Do you think I should pick another fish to go in the tropical tank? I have a couple black neon tetras, and plan to get more + another type of fish. I've got a ten gallon tank with a 100gph Penguin, but I'm gonna rig up some extra bio media from my aquaclears.

I guess Im wrong on the pH, look what i found-

"With most individuals of this species, water properties are not critical. Most thrive in water with a pH of 6-8, a hardness of 2-25 dH, and a temperature of 72-82?F (22-28?C). "

I know they HATE salt though

:) They always do say that their range is like that and I guess it's true. One of my Cory tanks always had a steady ph of around 7.When I got my Applesnails,I had to add coral to get the proper ph for them.When the Cory's were at the 7 ph,they were always very active,breeding etc. Seems like since I raised the ph,almost all of the breeding has ceased but other than that,they seem to be doing okay. :) I think though that I'm going to put the snails in another tank though because I really enjoyed the Cory babies when they came. :lol: As mentioned,make sure that you acclimate correctly,and you should be okay.What other fish will you have in the tank,and what size tank are you talking? I would purchase no less than three if possible.Cory's have been known to okay by theirselves,but they much prefer a group . ;)

Guest teagie

I have a 5 gallon with 1 black moor that is cycled and the ph is always 8

i will be moving the black moor soon to a bigger tank where she can have a friend or two, but the 5 gallon i will not use for goldies again as it is too small ,But i cant have an empty tank!!! so i thought some corys as i like them i have seen a 25w heater suitable for an acrylic tank and i think two would be fine but i was not sure of the ph

Thank you all for your advice

Archived