What Is The Care Requirments For

Anic

I was thinking that maybe I could get one or two for the 10 gal when everyone gets moved around. (I shouldv'e gotten a pond by now, but I'm terrible at saving money) But I don't really know much about the crabs. Could someone help?

Guest Chishower

's far as I know, they need a dish of both fresh and salt water, lots of fresh foods, places to hide and climb, 80% humidity, deep substrate, and it can take them anywhere from 3 days to a month to molt.

There are lots of good sites though.

www.crabstreetjournal.com

www.epicureanhermit.com has lots of good food for them

Wow I didn't know they needed so much care. I always assumed they'd do okay with practically anything the way they were cared for at petshops and my old friends house. My friend kept them in a huge rubbermaid box with sand, freshwater, a sponge, veggies, and "crab food". Petsore pretty much the same thing, but I can't remember if they had two water bowls.

I also use landhermitcrabs.com. A humidity gauge is important and my crabs are good b/w 75%-80% humidity. Also both fresh water, and salt water.. they are really pretty easy to care for once ya get the basics! Do well in communities. I have 4 crabs in my 10 gallon, sand substrate, some coco huts, food dish with commercial crab food along with other treats... another site is good - epicureanhermit.com (check out the food list, very helpful).

Archived