Quarantine Question:

tinker

I was bad and never QT'ed my dojos...but it would probably be a good idea to keep them isolated for a while just to be safe. I don't know what all dojos can carry though, but even if they can only cary one thing it's a good idea to QT (I thought they could carry ich, but come to think of it I've never seen a dojo with ich).

I never have either, but we got him tonite at nnnnnn, and the GF tanks were in SUCH deplorable shape with ICH RAMPANT in all of them, I question now if the dojo's were healthy.

I've put him in a 5 gallon QT, but havent a clue how long to keep him there.

I did talk to the manager, after tic'ing off the employee in the fish department when I told two people NOT to buy the fish and pointed out the ICH and what ELSE to keep an eye on. AND steered them to the LFS up the road.

Oof! Yeah I'd quarentine, if anything just to make sure they didn't bring anything as a hitchiker (even if they arn't "infected" with anything directly). The dojos may be healthy but you can never be too safe.

Oof! Yeah I'd quarentine, if anything just to make sure they didn't bring anything as a hitchiker (even if they arn't "infected" with anything directly). The dojos may be healthy but you can never be too safe.

408381[/snapback]

Thanks Donya! Anybody have any idea's for how long? Can i give him any prophylactic treatment?

I don't know anything about them either...but I know a little about snails. Snails can't get a lot of fish diseases, but they can CARRY all or most. So the snail won't show any signs of disease, but if you put it straight away in a fish tank, your fishies could get sick from those "hitch hiking" diseases.

Archived