Good Goldfish Vet In Beds

Guest Jenna

Hi,

I live in Bedfordshire, in a tiny village between Luton and Bedford called Silsoe. Does anyone know of any vets experienced in treating goldfish in Bedfordshire?

:)

Cheers,

Jenna

Sorry no, the only thing I can suggest is phoning some vets up and asking or even phoning some local fish stores up.

Edit: Also you could try posting on the Disease Diagnosis/ Treatments boards

• 4 weeks later...
this is all the vets we know who actually treat fish: http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=21280

if it is just antibiotics or med your after - any vets should be able to advise and supply, but to out knowledge they are the ones who will treat. :)

410059[/snapback]

Ooooh i never knew there were vets who treat fish :unsure: niether did my mum so i dont feel too stupid. :rofl

your local vet may not bea ble to treat fish (as in surgry, xrays etc) but they certainly should be able to provide medication.

some of shubunkins has a serious bacterial infect a short while ago, so i took some photos to the vets and he gave me some antibiotics to bath them in :)

Metrondiazamole hink i was ?50 or so for 100 ml :) always worth a call

your local vet may not bea ble to treat fish (as in surgry, xrays etc) but they certainly should be able to provide medication.

some of shubunkins has a serious bacterial infect a short while ago, so i took some photos to the vets and he gave me some antibiotics to bath them in :)

Metrondiazamole hink i was ?50 or so for 100 ml :) always worth a call

425247[/snapback]

Thats good to know becuase i will know what to do now if i have any problems :)

If you didn't know that Beds was short for Bedsfordshire, then you might think this was a thread enquiring after a vet's "bedside manner".

:o

There are lots of medications you can get over the counter, for instance bird wormer works on fish worms at a different dosage, and triple sulfa covers a wide range of diseases. Perhaps some one here or at an aquarium can do the mostly likely diagnosis of the problem and direct you to an over the counter medicine and you won't need to go to a vet.

over the counter productds are all well & good, but somtimes the problems get to the stage where over the counter products dont work, serious bacterial infections, fungal etc. If you need a xray on a fish you need to go to a vet. it's great their are vets out there that will treat, and at minimum advise. :)

Archived