Saltwater Pics

jsrtist

We got a nice saltwater shipment in and I wanted to share some of it with you. These are black ocellaris clowns which I thought were so gorgeous! They are from ORA, a company in Florida who tank raises clowns and other fish. The advantage is that these fish will eat frozen food where wild caught fish dont always accept frozen food.

post-17-1068347625.jpg

Beautiful Photos!!! And I was just in your store last night and remember seeing the yellow tang in the coral sales tank!

I love to go there and look at the fish--it is like being on vacation for me--takes me out of my everyday routine. :rofl

Thanks for posting the pix!!!

Guest watermama

Have you tried feeding the seahorse live brine shrimp that have been gut-loaded? You can pre feed the live shrimp with any phytoplankton (DT's is the best but Kents makes a decent product too). Feed the shrimp maybe an hour before giving them to the seahorse.

Your store should perhaps look into buying captive bred horses. Not only are they free from disease, but they are already trained to eat frozen foods. More expensive but worth it in the long run.

No I wish we could try live brine??no one carries them around here. I dont know why we dont just set up our own hatchery?wouldnt that make perfect sense!? Unfortunately it sometimes seems I am the one who really loves and cares about each fish and whether theyre healthy, and the others see it from the business standpoint. Really sad if you ask me. We have copepods and things that live in the tanks and we try to get him to notice those but he just doesnt care to eat them. :(

We rarely have seahorses in. The other brown kuda we have is captive raised from a company called ORA in Florida. I wish we could buy exclusively from them because Im not big on wild caught fish anyway. The other horse is $70 but its worth it if you ask me because she gladly snaps up frozen food.

Can you buy brine shrimp eggs? Or sea monkeys?

The eggs are viable for years when they aren't in water.

Those pics are beautiful. The marine setups in the shops around here are always pretty bare. Just barebottom tanks with not much in there. Those tanks look gorgeous. :)

Guest wrasseman01

I work at the same store in fresno, ca. and am pretty much in charge of taking care of the saltwater section and it pains me to see any of them not eat and waste away, but I don't do the ordering so don't have much say. Hippocamus kuda pair up for life and seem to get depressed when seperated from their spouse. I don't believe wild caught sea horses should be sold.

Archived