My New Fish Are Depressing :(

magickzzl

Well.. I got a bubble eye and celestial about, what two weeks ago now? and honestly.. they're depressing me. the celestial not so much, but the bubble eye is such a downer! He just sits and kinda wiggles in one spot... he's not all happy and nibbly like my other kids. The celestial atleast aknowlages my exsistence...'

water perams are perfect, its a HEAVLY planted 10, (yes, Im gunna move them inot a twenty) and their each about 1.5 inches long...

Anyone else find their celestials and bubble eyes depressing? Mo (my moore) is as blind as they are, but she is always swimming around, bumping into the cories, smelling for food....

My bubble eye was a little ball of energy. But I sat in front of the bubble eye tank at my lfs for 15 minutes and picked out the most active one. I heard when they get bigger they slow down because of how much energy it takes for them to swim around with their bubbles.

My celestials don't seem to swim around as much though. They do perk up when they know its food time!

No - they are not cruisers like some of the more streamlined goldies, but they are definately active. The celestials like tooting around the tank and playing bumpers with each other.

My bubbleeye has such huge ponderous bubbles that she does not go back and forth that much. But she does do a lot of up and down swimming and gets around the tank fairly actively. She is beautiful and unusual and I enjoy watching her for that - not for her swimming abilities! :lol:

They are just different types of fish - and give different pleasures. They all recognise me and respond well......

i have boh, i find the celestial active liek all my other fish, and she my biggest fish in body length and is about 5 inches and only about 1 year old, but my bubble eye is less active and just sticks upside down all day to the filter intake, that is where he hangs out, then he comes off only at feed times has a swim about then ges stuck to the filter, he doesnt mind hanging there, and i have a baby bubble eye who is great but i sure as she grows she will also become less active if her bubble get to big. but i on the look out for a calico celestial, as i love them so much, they are a very hardly fish believe it or not.

Well.. I got a bubble eye and celestial about, what two weeks ago now? and honestly.. they're depressing me. the celestial not so much, but the bubble eye is such a downer! He just sits and kinda wiggles in one spot... he's not all happy and nibbly like my other kids. The celestial atleast aknowlages my exsistence...'

water perams are perfect, its a HEAVLY planted 10, (yes, Im gunna move them inot a twenty) and their each about 1.5 inches long...

Anyone else find their celestials and bubble eyes depressing? Mo (my moore) is as blind as they are, but she is always swimming around, bumping into the cories, smelling for food....

407885[/snapback]

i definitely know bubble-eyes are less mobile compared to other goldfish.

However, it also depends on the personality.

Just a suggestion:

try raising the temp of the tank - the bubble-eye should become a little more active.

also try feeding some peas for a week or two. Sometimes fancy goldfish are less active when constipated.

As the previous posters mentioned, bubble eyes tend to be less active than other goldfish, however, I have found them to have great personalities. My large bubble eye, Casey, is a real sweetheart. He feeds from my fingers and splashes the surface of the water with his tail if I am not quick enough to get the food over to him :lol:

I have three baby bubble eyes, and they are little balls of energy now, but I am sure as their bubbles grow, they will slow down.

I think it takes a while to grow to love the bubble eyes peculiar charms, but I think they will grow on you :wub:

Guest William17

my bubble eye 'The Gaffer' is pretty much active all the time. even more so at feeding time ;)

i suppose it really just depends on what the fish is like, that determines how active it is.

Hi - Well, Jean2 are not classic bubble eyes but they have like 1/4 bubbles under their eyes. They are very active - but for the first few days, almost a week, Jean le Blanc was very quiet! I was a little worried and even disppointed BUT he perked up! So, give him a little time, he may be shy! :heart

Just make sure the "quietness" is not actualy illness - not intending to alarm you but just keep it in mind. Pandemonium had some great advice -see if that helps!

Is there anything in the tank that might be scary for him? Someone once wrote that, in a bar bottom tank, sometimes the fish perceive their shadow as threat...

Who knows how those eyes affect what they see?!

Come back and tell us how you are getting acquainted! :heart

Archived