How Good Is Hikari

nichjake

Today I went to a different LFS after getting disgusted with my usual one and this one is much better although much more expensive and I noticed that they have Hikari foods. I thought about getting some but when I saw the price tag I thought whoa, hold on a sec, must consult the folks at kokos before shelling out that much money...

So, how much better is Hikari food compared to wardley and tetra fin? If it's quite a bit better I'll go back this weekend and get some but the trouble is I've already got three kinds of food for my goldies and they get fresh veggies every time I manage to sneak some out of the cafeteria here at college. Which is almost every time the have steamed veggies of some sort (I work as a student cook in the cafe so I know exactly what they put on the veggies and how they cook which veggies).

I was just wondering if the Hikari is worth its weight in gold or if the stuff I have will be fine. I've got flakes, sinking crumbles and bloodworms as well as whatever veggie I can procure.

Guest Sacreligioushippie

I have the Hikari Gold and my little peralscale loves it! Mine happens to be a floating type and it takes forever for it to sink. Also, min is the baby pellet which my fantail seems to have a little trouble with, it's still too big for him. Other than that, they love it.

~ Jessica

Hikari is definetely one of the better quality foods - I use the lionhead variety. It does sink very well, but I still soak it just to be safe. Hikari also has prazipro now in its line of medication.

If you can, have a look online into Hikari foods, they are much cheaper there.... :)

It's supposed to be really good. My Bettas like it better than their old food. I can't find any Hikari goldie food at mmm.

Telephone

800-621-5619

FAX

800-231-5819

Postal address

2804 McCone Avenue, Hayward CA 94545

Are you serious? You can get samples? How cool is that! Where did you get their number?

408754[/snapback]

I'll have to get some next time I buy food for my fishies, or next time I have the hankering to buy something for my fish, it seems like every week I get something new. Last week I bought a plant, this week I bought gravel... I wonder what I'll next time I'm out and about

They are suspiciously appetising to goldfish.

Do they add something that makes goldfish have a craving for them? I read somewhere that steroids were added to some foods for growth, though no brand names were given. These are, of course, groundless suspicions, because I still buy them and my goldfish still love them.

I've got to research this a bit more.

Slugger :)

Archived