Current

RedCapMiggi

I know that one of my fish loves the current, he goes for it head first and just keeps going until he can't. I think a current is ok as long as you have a place in the tank where it is quiet and they can rest if they need to.

I agree with with little one. Goldies love to play in the currant and in bubbles, but when the lights go out, just like you and me, they like a quiet spot to relax and fall asleep. A constant current that they can't get away from, can cause undue stress, and eventually after a while of no sleep they could get so sick and stressed that they can die. (although, that would be the worst case scenario, it is a possibility) So definatley have that one spot in their tank that they can take refuge! :heart

i think it depends on the fish. i have one fish who loves the current, while the other one doesn't really care for it. he especially loves it when i pour new water in after a water change....swims toward the current only to tumble with the current :rofl

you'll have to get to know your fish's preferences, i guess :D

just provide a place where the current can't reach, or place some plants around the tank so it can help break the flow.

Archived