Wot Do All You Feed Ur Fish?

Tanya_woz_ere

Alright here it is but its a little gross

step 1: Get as many crickets as you can( preferably from a bait store since the wild ones are hard to catch) :lol:

step 2: Put the crickets in the freezer inside a bucket (this will humainly kill them) and leave them for about five to seven minutes then take them out and let thawe.

step 3: Take some twizers or scissors and cut the hind legs of since they could get stuck in the fishes throat and then, cut the crikets head head off. ( dont worry about the smaller legs they'll get grounded in the process)

step 4: Grind or smash them into a fine looking paste. :blink: ( you should still be able to see bits and pieces of the shells)

step 5: Take a rolling pin and roll the paste flat ( scraping off what is sticking to the rolling pin) and repeat till it isn't sticking any more. (this means its get ready to dry out)

step 6: Put the paste in the sun or under a bright light to dry out. ( take a piece off and see if it breaks apart easily if so, its done)

step 7: Take it out of the sun or the bright light and let you goldfish fish try some. You might be surprized to know that crickets are chawked full of protein!, so this is a very nutritional snack to give them and is great for koi too. :ymmu

step 8: Put the flakes in an air tight container or empty golfishfood can and put in fridge to keep it nice and fresh.

My fish cant get enough of it so i give it to them whenever i make it.

Groucho the Goldfish is crickets really good for goldfish? How long have you been feeding them this, any troubles? I only ask because I thought they were very binding. But if they aren't I'd like to try the recipe too.

Most of the time I feed my fish a mixture of both Tetrafish flakes and pellets. On occasion I will give them a treat of either cooked shelled peas or a little bit of a hard-boiled egg yolk......they love that, but feed it to them in small amount, because it can become very messy in your tank otherwise. :D

Guest kbreese
Alright here it is but its a little gross

step 1: Get as many crickets as you can( preferably from a bait store since the wild ones are hard to catch) :lol:

step 2: Put the crickets in the freezer inside a bucket (this will humainly kill them) and leave them for about five to seven minutes then take them out and let thawe.

step 3: Take some twizers or scissors and cut the hind legs of since they could get stuck in the fishes throat and then, cut the crikets head head off. ( dont worry about the smaller legs they'll get grounded in the process)

step 4: Grind or smash them into a fine looking paste. :blink:   ( you should still be able to see bits and pieces of the shells)

step 5: Take a rolling pin and roll the paste flat ( scraping off what is sticking to the rolling pin) and repeat till it isn't sticking any more. (this means its get ready to dry out)

step 6: Put the paste in the sun or under a bright light to dry out. ( take a piece off and see if it breaks apart easily if so, its done)

step 7: Take it out of the sun or the bright light and let you goldfish fish try some. You might be surprized to know that crickets are chawked full of protein!, so this is a very nutritional snack to give them and is great for koi too. :ymmu

step 8: Put the flakes in an air tight container or empty golfishfood can and put in fridge to keep it nice and fresh.

My fish cant get enough of it so i give it to them whenever i make it.

Ok, thats disturbing.

Tanya,

Wardley Flakes, pellets and occasional peas here (be sure to pop peas out of their outer skin first)

Also, not sure if you read you should soak flakes and pellets for a few minutes in a little bit of tank water (I use a small glass) to prevent swimbladder. Realistically I don't do it everytime, but I try to do it most of the time :)

I

Guest Luke Anderson

Mine get hikari lionhead food regularly as a large variety of foods my fish get.

I beleive it to be an excellent food :D

Btw i'm in canada :) (its sold pretty much all over the worlds in many stores)

Archived