Some More Of My Fish, Yabbies And

Fishmerised

Before you know it,you will be great with it you'll end up taking tons of pics :lol:

Your fish are very pretty :heart What kind of breed is the first one?I really like his color and his body shape :exactly

Thanks Cathy. The first fish is BC or Bronzo Chocolato and he is a cross between a ryukin and an oranda. You can see the ryukin in his body shape and the oranda in his big face and cheeks. He was bred at the koi farm, a bit of a mix up I think. :D

I'm not sure you'd want him Cathy :lol: He is a terror to other fish and has to be kept alone. He doesn't mind it though, he is very friendly to me. :)

Thanks d_golem (Rick), the butterfly tails came from the local lfs, from the same batch of chinese imports. They all have terrible eyesight and nip and bite each other when in close range. Because of this behaviour they are also in their own tank. They think everything they see is edible!

I'm not sure you'd want him Cathy  :lol:   He is a terror to other fish and has to be kept alone.  He doesn't mind it though, he is very friendly to me.  :)

402652[/snapback]

aww....too bad....I was already thinking of a name for him :rofl Lucky you to have such great fishies :D

Thanks d_golem (Rick), the butterfly tails came from the local lfs, from the same batch of chinese imports.  They all have terrible eyesight and nip and bite each other when in close range.  Because of this behaviour they are also in their own tank.  They think everything they see is edible!

402652[/snapback]

Actually it's Riz (from Rizky) :D

Am I right to assume that the bigger the eyes the worse the eyesight? :rolleyes:

Actually it's Riz (from Rizky) :D

Am I right to assume that the bigger the eyes the worse the eyesight? :rolleyes:

402658[/snapback]

Sorry Riz.

I really don't know, to be truthful. I think this may be a case where size doesn't necessarily matter, once again it comes down to genetics.

Yeah! I am so glad you got the camera running - I don't think I have ever seen your fish! They are just beautigul!!! I really like the creamsicle (orange and white telescope) - but htey are all superb! And your puppy, too ( I call all dogs puppies).

I love that blue lobster! I guess he is a langoustine... what is he?! He's FABU! :D

Thanks fishrpets and Graham. I have several threads of various fish pics going back into antiquity, including some in the Koi/Pond Forum, but I still haven't managed to photograph them all. :lol:

The lobster is just a common type feeder yabbie (freshwater crayfish). They are normally brownish/grey in the wild and mine have only started to turn bluish/grey as they mature. I've had them almost a year now. According to my lfs, yabbies can live for 10years and grow up to 10" (25cm) in length. :yikes I wish I'd know that before I bought them at the school fair. :lol:

Archived