Stitch!

coyote ugly

This is stitch when we got him a couple of months ago....

113-1331_AUT.jpg

He was outside all these months and I was surprised to see how much he has changed :o I think he wasn't happy with his looks he decided to have a complete make over :rofl Here he is now....

115-1566_AUT.jpg

What I thought was a beautiful black coloration could have been healing ammonia burns :unsure::blink:

Yes this is amazing!! At first I thought that was a new fish!!

402022[/snapback]

Can you believe my daughter actually thought it was baby boh?! :o

Thanks Siansy! :D I think he looked more manly?! before and looks cute now :lol:

He looks cute both before and after his makeover. Don't worry about those black markings, they are common in young fish and not related to ammonia burns.

Remember black is such an unstable colour and many fish have black markings that fade as they grow older.

edit: Stitch may have even started out as a black oranda. ;)

Can you believe my daughter actually thought it was baby boh?! :o

402030[/snapback]

I can believe that, I was confused when I saw the pic and thought about Baby Boh... :(

You know, I have seen a lot of people make the comment about black markings on young goldfish and say that it is ammonia burns. I has started upsetting me because I see people giving advice to other members to treat their fish for ammonia burns before they even know the water parameters. And even if the water parameters are ok I have still seen people suggest that it is ammonia burns. PLEASE PLEASE remember that LOTS of goldfish will have black markings on them are more than likely it will not stay. Red and black goldfish probably will not stay that way for long. It is very common for them to have natural black markings and then lose it. It does not mean it was ammonia burns just because they had this color and lost it!!!

Im sorry its got me upsett latley because Ive seen it a lot, and I believe in not treating your fish unless he absolutly needs it. Its just more stress for the fish.

Ok Im done with my ranting. I let this bottle up for awhile and just had to say something. Please read a little about goldfish and their NATURAL color changes before suggesting treatment for them.

You know, I have seen a lot of people make the comment about black markings on young goldfish and say that it is ammonia burns. I has started upsetting me because I see people giving advice to other members to treat their fish for ammonia burns before they even know the water parameters. And even if the water parameters are ok I have still seen people suggest that it is ammonia burns. PLEASE PLEASE remember that LOTS of goldfish will have black markings on them are more than likely it will not stay. Red and black goldfish probably will not stay that way for long. It is very common for them to have natural black markings and then lose it. It does not mean it was ammonia burns just because they had this color and lost it!!!

Im sorry its got me upsett latley because Ive seen it a lot, and I believe in not treating your fish unless he absolutly needs it. Its just more stress for the fish.

Ok Im done with my ranting. I let this bottle up for awhile and just had to say something. Please read a little about goldfish and their NATURAL color changes before suggesting treatment for them.

402198[/snapback]

How do you treat ammonia burns? I thought you just kept water super clean.

CE, Wow Stitch is awesome!! what a gorgeous fish. I too have one that had a similar colour change. Her name is STRIPE and she used to have a large black stripe down her back. Now she's completely orange with only white at the end of her tail.. like yours.

Great photo's by the way. And thanks for sharing :)

Lol Kissy! I guess just by changing 50% or more of the water everyday. I believe that can be stressful to the fish also. i say if the water parameters are fine, no need to change 50% everyday just because there are black marks.

Archived