My Baby Blue Oranda

LuvMuhFred

:lol: What a little cutie pie! Blue Oranda's are one of my fav's.I have two right now . I recently lost my biggest,and prettiest,"Jazzie Bleu" :cry1 She got herself stuck between the glass and a potted plant,if you can believe that.Good luck with yours!

awww thats so sad!!!!!!! Im so sorry Devs :( big *hugs*

thanks for the good luck wishes with mine

He/she is so young now I have no idea how she/he will grow

It is a blue?????????????

I just saw her and have to have her and I thought its a blue from what I have learnt, but being a juvinille....she may change color

siansy the name Dalamar comes from the dragon lance series of fiction novels

I am an avid reader.I digest books like they are food LOL

I got no idea what to call this little guy.

I thought of Sir Lancelot as Blue orandas look so regal in old age, but my son told me that was a silly name :(

any sugestions?????????

I got at least 30 pics so I can put some more up tomorow if that helps.

I think the colour will stay true on your blue oranda. A tell tale sign is those couple of rusty/olive markings on it's back. Many blues have those markings and it is lucky indeed if you find one without them.

How about "Silverado"? :D

:D

I like Sir Lancelot, If new baby turns out to be a girl you could always call her Lancie. Or if your going down the medievel theme there's Quinevere (sp?) Lover of Lancelot.

Don't listen to your son. My thinks i've totally cracked up over these fish. "Mum, why do you talk to them as if they are babies. They are only fish." As I cough and splutter and read him the Riot act " they are not only fish.................."

Otherwise are there any other striking names in those fav books of yours.

Ohhhh I just love your new Blue Oranda. Makes me think of my old BLUE :) I really don't know what you should call that beauty. But I just wanted to make sure you know how much I love your new fish.

Lol I have had my blu oranda for 2 months and still dont have a name! GOod luck with that one! All my other fish have names except my blue oranda and my favorite moor. They are just too pretty and uncreative names like Blue or Blacky just isnt going to cut it this time! HEY! I think I just found out what to call my red cap! I forgot he doesnt have a name either. I think he will be "Peppermint". You know...all my goldies are getting food names. I already named my future calico oranda "Cupcake" and my future next ranchu "Peanut". They can join Jellybean, Nugget, Niblet, and Pumpkin, the other food named fish. LOL! Omg Im hungry......

I forgot I had this....Maybe this helps....

Gender Free Fish Names

Female Fish Names

Male Fish Names

BUTTERCUP IS CUTE! Ok which of my fish can I name Buttercup?

402518[/snapback]

I had a blue oranda named buttercup :heart I miss her....

thanks for the name sites!They would really help a lot :D oops...sorry...didn't mean to hijack this thread :rolleyes:

wow thanks for all the nice words :)

and the name sugestions.

I like Silverado, Sterling, Skye and Sir Lancelot so far.

gia_ekdahl Thanks for the links to names..Im going to go thru them now.

Thanks Barbra:) I wanted a blue oranda from the day I saw yours and so did my daughter!! thanks for the lovely words :)

d_golem...you gonna need more tanks! LOL great excuse, buy em all!!!

There is another name I like but its not from the dragonlance series, its from "The wheel of Time" written by Robert Jorden

I am curently reading book 2 of 10 and the auther is curently writting book 11

Anyway the main character is Rand al'Thor, its a very male name thou. and another character just introduced is Selene...very female name, she wears white and shimmers in the moonlight, this caught my attention as my fish shimmers when the light hits the scales a nice silver color.

ahhh its so hard! If only I could determine the sex while young that would make it easier.

Have you read Eragon yet? There's a blue dragon in it; she's a sweetie. Her name is Saphira.

... just throwing that out there cause of the whole dragon/fantasy thing you've already got going on.

ooooooooooooooooooo ohhhhhh I think Saphira is lovely!!! and a blue dragon to boot! So fitting :)

another one I like is Magneto, this is from one of the URL's gia_ekdahl posted for me. Its cool as if you like the x-men comics Magneto/metal/silver/blue all ties in nice too.

Anyone else with a sugestion? Throw them at me :)

so far my favs are:

Saphira

Rand al'Thor

Magneto

edited due to typos as usual for me

Hey what!! I read the Wheel of Time (or was it Fortune?) years ago and had now idea it was a series. Where did you find those books?

I bought it at a book sale/clearance, have never heard of Robert Jordan since. I thought it was just one of those books that didn't sell well.

It is the one about the girl who worked at the inn, who comes to the aid of a fleeing prince and they end up getting kidnapped and enslaved then they go back to his kingdom and he marries her and she is the queen but she doesn't like it so they both go back to the forest?

OK, I've put some thought into names that I think fit... for ideas I guess. Some are related to the colour Blue and some aren't....

Prussian

Cobalt

Grover

Matrix

Deisel

Caboodles

Darel (Aboriginal name...mean's BLUE SKY)

Haze

Glacier

Heron

Twilight

Crayola

Velvet

Royal

Energy

Heaven

Ribbon

Labbatt

baby blue

midnight

Moondust

Glitter

I could keep going.. ROFL

I like Silverado, Sterling, Skye and Sir Lancelot so far.

I like Silverado and Sterling a lot - You could cal lhim Lance, your son might find it more familiar and even think it is after Lance Armstrong! But, you would know it is short for Launcelot!

I really like Saphira! Darel and Moondust are great, too!

Gia - Great links! Maybe it can be pineed somewhere?!

I like the suggestion of Saphira too! However that sounds too girly for my and I have no clue what MY blue oranda is, so maybe Saphire, which is still really pretty for either gender. Lol, I dont know what to name MY blue fish yet either!! Ah! I try to name my fish by what they look like...but for some reason that tends to be food...So what is something that is round and blue? or grey?

I forgot I had this....Maybe this helps....

Gender Free Fish Names

Female Fish Names

Male Fish Names

BUTTERCUP IS CUTE! Ok which of my fish can I name Buttercup?

402518[/snapback]

who'd call their fish 'Uranus' :rofl

Emsley isnt on there :(

Edit: :rofl at the pic on your last post

Archived