Sign in to follow this  
Mooreman

What Could I Add

Hmmm... I can't think of anything really. If you're at the LFS and you see something you like, go for it!

I really like the blue gravel, too. :D

:exactly

I agree. Its pretty well laid out. Simple, plenty of open space and I cant see anything that would suggest there are any stagnant spots where poo and uneaten food accumulates. You have an excellent filter. there isn't too much gravel and you certainly have enough room to grow both black moors out nicely.

Good job! If I were to rate your tank for efficiency, layout and it beng conducive to goldfishes needs, well.......... I would rate your tank 9 out of 10!!! :D

I wouldn't add much more to it. It gets cluttered and increasingly hard to keep looking nice. Especially as your moors grown and start re-arranging everything. They don't have the best eyesight so they tend to be a tad clumsy.

I would also be wary of rocks and ornaments with sharp edges and points. Since moors are a little clumsy and thier eyes stick out like that, they can easily scrape thier eyes on stuff and become injured. That white rock looks a little suspect. If it has sharp edges, I would remove it soon.

I have one, VERY important bit of advice for you:

Quarentine and sterilize ALL new plants before adding them to your tank. Live plants can and often do harbor parasites that can wreak havoc on your fish. The very best stuff to use is called potassium permanganate. You can either buy it online as a sand grain powder, or you can get it pre-mixed as a liquid. The liquid form i MUCH easier to dose and would be a bit cheaper. Below are two links. One to the powder and the other to the liquid. I VERY HIGHLY suggest using it on ALL live plants you bring home.

http://www.pondrx.com/store/customer/produ...=1&cat=1&page=1

http://www.goldfishconnection.com/shop/det...tId=51&catId=21

Believe me, you do not want to bring any nasties home to your babies. Quarentine for a week and dose them once or twice with the potassium permanganate. Even if the plants are set-back a little, they will be free of parasites and will grow back out in no time.

Good luck and I hope this helps! :D

Paul

Wow your tank looks great to me!! After you add those plants, I would think it'll look even better. And you don't want to add too much stuff--those fishies need some room to swim!! :krazy: