Ive Got Fry!

smack536

Well, I recently moved my fish to a 75 gal from an over crowded 40 gal, adn apparently they spawned....After they moved to the 75 gal, I decided to take all the plants out and put them in a different tank, and i guess the eggs werer on the plants, because I have a 10 gal full of plants and about 20 fry that i can count so far!!!!

so...I talked to Chishower, and I should get

Live Daphina

Brine Shrimp eggs

and throw a snail or 2 in there to make infusim for them

is that it?

I dont need a filter since i got TONS of plants, and the lil things are only --- long....they cant poo that much!

anything else??

ahhh! new mom fears!!! :blink:

Congrats Smack! :D Can't wait to see what they look like when they get bigger!

I got some first bites from the vvvv store also, its powder fine. That and egg yolk works well. Next step Micro pellets, then went to sinking colorfin goldfish crumbles as they are still really small. The biggest one I have is about a inch now.

wooo! I moved them out of hte 10 gal plant tank they were in into a 5 gal now with an airstone....I had been changing watere every day, but decided not to every day...tazz said not to....

anyways, i made some hardboiled eggs tonight,a nd gave them a bit of that

i have about 10 or so, but i thnk a few are dead :(

we'll see what happens! Ill keep you posted! :)

:yikes Good Lord,just when I think we have your tanks under control,you tell me this!!!! :rofl Well Congrats anyway.I will make sure KOKO hears of your spawn.I think you'll have to be really careful on the water quality of the tank ,especially with feeding egg. Do you happen to have a sponge filter? I'm still trying to figure out how I missed this...Must have been working. :rolleyes:

*hug*...I'm sadden that the little one did not make it....if you have anymore fry let me know so we can get off to a better start. what were teh params of the water that the fry were in?

Guest nz_turtle_girl

oh, so sad. better luck next time. when next time does come remember not to change the water untill there at least a week-2weeks old and not too often, (it puts alot of stress on them and may result in death) ~good luck~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...