Sign in to follow this  
TamtheLittleBlackMoor

Jebo 805 Canister Filter

I've been given (actualy it was going to be trashed so I asked for it) a very used and old Jebo 805, it has a small crack and leaks but I'm hoping that can be patched up with some sealent. I don't know much about canister filters besides Ehiems are the best, canisters have bio-filtration and can handle larger tanks...

How exactly do canister filters work? What hose is the intake? How many GPH this model filters and what sort of media is best? Right now there are 3 media baskets, two with a soft white cottony pad and one with a porous green spongey pad and ceramic cyclinders are resting along the top of that.

Thanks! :)

Hi Tam -

How exactly do canister filters work?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/category...id=6&acatid=285

What hose is the intake? How many GPH this model filters and what sort of media is best?

http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/cat...ilter-p-43.html

http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/cat...al%20Filter.pdf

I think all the answers are in there! Some filters (like Fluval) pull water through the top of the filter and other pull it from the bottom (like Eheim) so you will want to read the manufacturer's specifications (the last link) about your specific filter in order to determine which way the water flows and, therefore, in what order to place your media. Good job on the salvage - a free canister! YEAH! :D

Ah thank you, I googled that site but everything is in liters and I'm a lazy tush to do calculations, the article on Dr. Fosters and Smith was great though.

Hey,

The 809 looks exactly like the one I use for my 29g tank!!

Slugger :)

Now you got a muanual to go with it! You can figure out what all those "other" parts are!!! ) :lol: like when you saved me by putting together my canister)! :rofl Thank again and... :uwelcome

So, what's your gph so TAm doesn't have to translate?!

gph is 1200lph, what that, about 317gph. That'd be theoretical pump rate. I'd estimate the actual rate to be closer to 150, but you'd need to measure it. The 805 is lower at 238 gph pump rate.

I got this cannister about 5 years ago and I think I still got the manual!! It's roughly the same, but the Engrish is a lot worse :) Not so many diagrams either.

So theoreticaly it can filter 31.7 at 10x but in actuality it only gets 15 with 10x? It says 1200lph on the sticker with the wattage...hmm. I'd think canisters would filter more than that. You can get a bio-wheel for half the price with a greater GPH. Or am I missing something?

Sorry for the delay in replying,

I think the 10x guideline can be flexed a little for cannisters. Some say that 5x is good enough for cannisters, but if you test your water regularly, you should be able to tell if it's good enough.

I reckon the cannister would be good to go for a 30g tank.

PS: I binned mine recently because I broke it and it sprung a leak.