Snail Babies!

kortniee

My snail babies arrived this afternoon... dumb postperson left them in the mailbox after I left a note asking that s/he not do that... grr.

But they're all alive, and brave little buggers, too! They come right out of their shells when you put them down. They're so tiny, too... about the size of peas.

Pics, anyone?

From left to right: Ron, George, Ginny, and Fred.

babies3.jpg

How cute!! :heart

Did they write parishable on the box they came in? I know when I recieved some in the mail, it said that, and they called me to let me know they recieved them and I could come pick them up (they didnt want to leave them in a mail box).

I somehow got snails in my tank. I keep finding baby ones all over, but i think the goldies are eating them before they get big enough. I found one last week the size of a pea, maybe smaller, and i was sooo excited, but i think he may have gotten eating... im hoping hes just hidden somewhere in the tank.

ANyways, SUCH CUTIES!!!! :D

Yup... box says: "Perishable. Small cold-blooded animals." In big red letters, right off to the side of the address label.

Fred, the big one, is turning out to be the brave one and the fast one. He's been zooming around the tank since I put them in there. I looked away for ten minutes, and when I looked back he was all the way on the other side.

Ginny is the shy one. She's exploring the tank, but doing it much more cautiously than the others. I have a really hard time finding her since I have a lot of similarly colored (and similarly sized, at this point) rocks.

:D My babies are so exciting...

They are sooo cute, where did you get them. I've been thinking about getting a snail to go with my goldies but the ones at the store never look very good. Yours are adorable, congrats on the new babies! :D

Awwww Baby pics....How cute are they.

I just got my snails in the mail bouta month ago too, I am havin a blast watching them they are so friggen cool!!!

Good luck with yours, Oh Andy gave me a cool idea take them all out and put them around a coin in a circle and snap a pic, then in a month or so do that again and you will be able to see how they have grown!!

Have fun with them. :D

I got 'em from Susan @ Snips 'n Snails--because other buyers were satisfied with her, and because she's relatively close to me so the shipping only took 48 hours. I give her two thumbs up. :D

Hehe... I tried to get mine in a circle, but as you can tell, they were really not going to go for that particular formation. I took that pic not even 30 seconds after I put the last one in there. :lol:

Congratulations, they are so cute! I was suppose to get my snails today, but the mailman won't get out of his truck for anything. I waited all day for him to deliver them, but instead of knocking on my door, he just puts one of those slips in my mailbox telling me he tried to deliver but I wasn't home. So they are in their box an extra day, and I have to go to the post office to pick them up tomorrow. I hope they are doing fine.

Sorry I don't want to steal your post. I was just a little upset about that.

Congrats Kortniee! :D

Archived