Ammonia Level:0

Nitrite Level:0.25

Nitrate level:0.5

Ph Level:8.0+

Ph Level out of the Tap

Tank size: 10 gallon, about 3 weeks

What is the name and size of the filter: Whisper

How often do you change the water and how much: Every other day, 40%

How many fish in the tank and their size:6 fish, under 1 inch each (yes, overstocked)

What kind of water additives or conditioner:Wardleys Cholor Out

Any medications added to the tank: Not yet

Add any new fish to the tank: Nope

What do you feed your fish: Wardleys Flakes

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt",

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus: An odd...pimply bump. Looks like a bump with scales sticking out over it. No redness or anything.

Any unusual behavior: Swims around very slowly, hovers around surface...not very active...looks like my other fish that died.

This is a bacterial infection am I right? O.o. I found a little bump on the left side of my common today. He's been under the weather lately, and had a rough encounter with one of my containers I use to change water. (He got sucked up, and thrashed against the rim for about 7 seconds). He's been swimming really slowly, he eats, but he hovers around the surface of my tank. He's really inactive, and I'm afraid he's going to die pretty soon. Should I be quarentining him? Adding salt? Medicated food? Will his condition affect my other fish?

Hi there. :)

Do yiou have a digital camera? If so, try getting some good clear shots of the fish with the lumps. you can load them up at photobucket.com for free and then link us the URL of the photos. It would help a lot.....

Off the top, I suspect that you could be seeing one of the two ailments:

Ich (sometimes expresses itself UNDER the skin) http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...&cmd=si&img=156

Or a sporozoan infection... They are characterized by an spot, or many spots, of swelling that see m to be like a boil. They eventually come to a head like a pimple and pop or rupture. These "boils" will either drop a solid lump of pus or seep slowly. Despite all of uor advancements in disease control, this one has no known cure and the fish usually gets progressively worse. However, some can and do live with this for quite some time. I hope the description above doesnt sound familiar..........

Post back soon. :unsure:

Paul

I have no talent with a camera.

My little guy died last night. :S R.I.P.

I wasn't ich. Didn't look at all like salt. I think it was from a previous injury with my container. I examined his body and one side had an area where all the scales were stripped off, probably the cause of the bump.

Anyway, Thanks guys.

Archived