My Daughters Tank And Fish

Guest craig and beth

Guest craig and beth

MyTankWellbethanys.jpg

:newfish Hello everybody, this is a few pics of my daughters tank which she has wanted since we took a trip to the national marine aquarium (in the uk near plymouth) about 5 weeks ago, she was amasied by it all and keeped on till i gave in.

rhubarbandcustardmyblackmoors.jpg

there is 2 black moors called rhubarb and custard, and 4 zebra danio all named after the tweenies (a uk kids program).

zebdasomthingfishandmyp.jpg

bethany is only 1 an a half but points to what she wants along with a babbled word issh! (fish)

overthecastle.jpg

she chose the castle and plants, the store only had 5 types of plants so it was an easy choice really. but to our surprize look at the naughty black moors!

RubbingorFlirting.jpg

as there young fish i dont think there really mating but i'll keep an eye on them.

DCP02998.jpg

i hope you like the pics!

Guest craig and beth

:D thank you, its a real eye opener to me as i used to have fish when i was younger, i didnt know about all the things you have to do befor even seeing fish in the tank!!

its a pure labour of love, as bethany can feed the fish i do all there care and she watches and begs me to feed them about 6 times a day to see them rushing around!

We got our fish for my daughter when she was 9 months old and she loved it too!! Now we just added a 2nd fish for her 2 year old brother. They have lots of fun feeding them--especially peas.

Congrats on the beautiful fish and tank! Your daughter is very lucky!! :krazy:

Guest craig and beth

thank you all, im glad you like it, the only thing i dont like about the tank is the small gravel under the blak and white gravel, its there to help the plants root in the tank, the moors keep moving th black and white gravel to get to the smaller stuff on the bottom, i guess thay like it as they pick it up when looking for food,

i hope one day to own a reef tank with clown fish in it as i fell in love with them after seeing finding nemo and seeing them in our lfs!!

Guest craig and beth

luckly i got a mesh which sorts the black an white out, when i do a 40% water change it dont affect the gravel but when i do a full clean out (once every 2 months) ive done one so far. i washed the gravel and sorted like i said above

Lovely tank!! Those moors are to die for... :wub: Another parent giving in to the child, Sounds just like me!!! And that is how I wound up here.... :rofl

I am sure you and your daughter will love having fish, it's great that she is involved also, my son helps feed the snails in our tank. Hope to see more beautiful pics soon.

:welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Archived