Betta And Other Fish

Black oranda

Guest Gabi-hime

It depends on what kind of fish it is, really. I think if it's a common pleco you may eventually run into the problem that it'll get big and turn carniverous and will eventually attack your betta, and not vice versa. Betta are usually all right in community tanks, although they can't be housed with others of their species unless they're all girls. They also don't do well in any tank with aggressive fin nippers. Betta do best at around 80 degress, I've found, so you also want to keep that in mind.

Apple snails do very well with betta fish, provided you don't salt their tanks, so you might want to consider this as a cleaner option.

well a betta need water at about 80 degrees. some good fish to put with them are guppies(carful they can change sexes and will mate almoast always) neon teras red barbs, a cat fish, angel fish,pocosimuse, drorf frogs. the guppies,neons and barbs need to be in groups of 6 minimum. u should have a light filter and some plants silk or real perfuably, u want to feed them betta pelat (tropical foods too if you adding other fish) feeze dried bloodworms,masquito larva ,brine shrimp. add some salt to the water as well about a half a tbspoon a gallon ao a full tbspoon if they are sick or stressed. dont get fashy fish with long tails. and get some betta fix or melfix ( cures moast sicknesses) ummmmm ohh DONT put anothe betta in the tank male or female. inless u have a devidor but they can jump so make shure they cant jump to the other side. to chooses i healthy fish they should be active. flaring and not at the bottom and ohh have vivid colers. also ask the pet store wut they feed the bettas ( so that wen i get home and u have pelets and they dont eat pelets they wont reject them on yah and u ahve to go out and get live or flake food.) do water changes every week. or wen the amoina is past .5 or 0. ohh and a cycled tank is good. the bettas breath air alos so leave room at the top of the tank 4 that. ohhh lol another thing dont get a filter that has a strong current orrippels the watter (it stresses them out) u will no u have a happy betta wen he bilds a bubble nest( a pile of bubbles on top of the water used to huse betta eggs.)

I would actually recommend against most barbs as compatible with bettas?they can nip those long beautiful fins. Ive actually found my bettas to be happiest alone. I have one oto catfish in my 5.5 gallon tank with my betta and even with plenty of hiding spaces the betta likes to chase the oto! Otos are excellent small cleaners but you should definitely have a heated tank for them. In my other betta tank is a large apple snail and plenty of small pond snails to keep the algae down, and my betta in there doesnt bother them. However my last betta was constantly attacking my apple snail. A large part of it depends on the bettas particular personality too.

OH! Most medications are deadly to snails with the exception of Melafix. Any parasite or antibiotic med can kill little snails.

i also would have said a big no no to barbs, with ANY other fish, especially bettas, red barbs are similar in temprement to tiger barbs and the fins on a betta just say come bite me to the barbs.....

pleco would be fine, and most of the other fish listed, pretty much most tropical fish other than peranhas, barbs and chilcids(accept angel fish)

Archived