Twinkle And Sherlock

Maceo

Ok here is a picture of Twinkle the little guy I got from my mother and have no idea what he is. His shell is in kinda bad shape but his new growth is healthy! And the other pictures are of my mystery snail Sherlock. He had a terrible shell when I got him but we're making up for that with plently of calcium!!! Anyone know what Twinkle is?

post-6041-1126723549_thumb.jpg

post-6041-1126723561_thumb.jpg

post-6041-1126723744_thumb.jpg

Yeah his spire is flat against his shell it doesn't stick out like my mystery snail. He's all brown including his body if that helps I'll see if I can get a better picture.

:rolleyes: Oh Boy,,,,,Sounds like we're right here. I was hoping for a stripe with that Brown.Then it could have been a Marissa(Apple Snail Family)They call them Ramshorn's too. :)

So he's a Ramshorn then? I took a couple more pics of him but I still think they aren't so great and by the way he's holding on to a piece of gravel for dear life he likes to suck the crud off of them

post-6041-1126731464_thumb.jpg

post-6041-1126731503_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the ID guys I was really sratching my head with that one! Yeah Smack, he wasn't gonna let go and miss out on some quality gravel sludge to have his picture taken! :D

Guest Chishower

Watch those rams, though...you have one...then another pops up...then your swarming with snails! :krazy:

's long as you have some hungry fish in there, though, you should be ok....

Left picture: Planorbid ramshorn, family Planorbidae, not Ampullariidae (which is apple snails). It's probably in the Planorbella or Planorbis genera.

Middle and right pictures: not sure of the species, but probably Pomacea canaliculata. Could be Pomacea bridgesii, it's hard to tell from those pics.

Watch those rams, though...you have one...then another pops up...then your swarming with snails!  :krazy:

395628[/snapback]

:rofl3 thats so true!!! :rofl3

reminds me of that pringles comercail....once you pop, the fun dont stop!

Archived