I Finally Went And Bought A Snail!

Anic

We went to the store today and I looked at the fish like I always do, and remembered "Oh! I need a snail!" So I went and looked at them. Only one was holding on to the cup it was in. So I got that one. It's a tiny Golden Apple snail with some little brown spotson the shell. He's actually really active for being so small....

Guest Chishower

They sell snails in cups? :blink: Weird. He sounds cute, though. Offer him some bloodworms, or a bit of cucumber and see if he likes it.

Now the only question is...brig or cana. Becasue he is small I am gonna say brig...do they sell little canas?

Can you get a picture of the little guy?

Yeah,there are certain Chain stores that sell Snails in Cups,the same size as the Betta Cups that they sell.Anic,Congrats on your new Snaily friend.Hope to see pics real soon! :)

I actually bought him at *nooppee* and the one in town has a wall by the fishtanks that has cups with Bettas, African Dwarf Frogs and snails. The Male Bettas are in cups bigger than everything else. The little tag on the shelf says 'Gold Mystery Snail' so I have no idea what it really is. Someone told me it was more then likely a Golden Apple Snail.

Sorry, I can't get a pic (stupid camera cords)

They sell snails in cups?  :blink:   Weird.  He sounds cute, though.  Offer him some bloodworms, or a bit of cucumber and see if he likes it. 

393009[/snapback]

How do I give him bloodworms without everyone else eating them? He's already in the 10 gal. By the way, everyone else consists of Cracker and about 14 baby minnows. The minnows eat more than Cracker does. I find that amusing...

You can try just putting bloodworms in. I would give him a carrot or something that they wouldn't bother eating.

Most Brigs are sold as Mystery Snails, but sometimes Canas are. However, baby Canas can sometimes have spots like you said, but my gut feeling is that he's a Brig. Pictures would help a lot. :)

Apple snail is the "all-over" name. It's like.. (dog analogy again, sorry). Equate "apple snail" with "dog", then equate "P. Bridgesii" with "Golden Retriever". If that makes any sense. It's not entirely accurate but I like to use it.

Congrats on the new snail!

Well, I have some good news and some bad. First the good: My aunt is letting me borrow her digital camera for a little while. Bad news is that it saves on a floppy and the floppy drive doesn't work very well. But I can load the pics at her house. I don't know when that'll be, though.

At least I'm trying! ^_^

Poop, my aunt forgot the camera when she brought my sisters home. But I decided on name for it. I don't know if it's male or female, but it's name is Gary. Like Spongebob's pet snail. (If you have little kids, you know what I mean. I love Spongebob. :heart )

Archived