Pics Of My Puffers And More

jsrtist

This is my 30 gallon plant tank. It houses dwarf puffers, badis badis, (as of tonight) cherry barbs, various cories, otos, my huge pleco Buck and two bettas in breeder nets. It has been running since June and is lit by Helios T5 lights for about 2 watts per gallon. I have a blue and white combtail betta, Cirrus, and a roundtail cambodian betta, Mirage, in there.

post-17-1068102535.jpg

And one more little puff. These guys love bloodworms and live snails, and top out at about 1" long. They have only been around in the aquarium trade since 1999 and are relatively hard to come by. If you find some, you may want to consider them! Their personality really reminds me of goldfish. :)

post-17-1068102921.jpg

Here is one of my (slightly blurry) badis badis. They are a small freshwater fish, somewhere between labyrith fish (bettas, gouramies) and cichlids. They are a nice community fish though highly aggressive amongst each other. The males get a very nice dark black coloring with bright blue fins. This is one of my dominant males.

post-17-1068103136.jpg

These are cherry barbs, my latest tank addition as of tonight! They are a small peaceful barb, I believe native to Sri Lanka. They only get about an inch long, similar to the other fish in this tank. I have 8 right now but plan to get more to get a nice shoal going. They really brighten up the tank! The females are a pale yellow color and the males are the bright red, and hopefully will get brighter as they adjust to the tank.

post-17-1068103381.jpg

These are corydoras similis, which we got into our store by mistake awhile ago. Theyre the most gorgeous cories Ive ever seen! I wish I could post a bigger pic because they have beautiful blue-gray tails and speckles toward the front of their body.

post-17-1068103673.jpg

Guest watermama

Beautiful tank Jsrtist!! :D I love all your plants and I can certainly see why you love the puffers so much.....they are such cute little things!

You have every right to be proud of your tank!! :hi

Gorgeous tank! I have not been able to have corys in my tank. I don't know what it is... but all the ones that I have bought have behaved oddly. They swim on the top instead of the bottom, loose their barbs, and eventually die! What is your secret for keeping cories?

Thank you, thank you! *bows* BTW does anyone know how to post more than one pic in a post? LOL

Kingyo I honestly have lost a few cories. Two pandas (which are one of the most fragile) and a julii. There was no apparent reason. I do know that theyre picky about their substrate. They need very soft smooth substrate (like sand) for searching through with their barbels. Otherwise the barbels can get worn off. I have soft plant substrate mixed with beach pebble gravel and I think its still too rough for them. But they have lots of hiding places in the plants and driftwood and are always active and moving. Also they are schooling fish so a group of 6 or more makes them feel very comfortable. Hope this helps a little. :)

Only way to post more than one pic would be to have the pics hosted somewhere online, then use the IMG button to post the address to them.

I'm lucky enough to be a college student (almost always comes with free web space) but you can find free places to host pictures... geocities.com works, but you can't have the address going to a picture, so you have to change the extension on the end of your picture from .jpg or .bmp or whatever it is to something that DOESN'T represent a picture, like .txt. If you want details on how to find a place, upload some pictures, and post them, you can send me a message.

Archived