Possible 155 Gallon

Aftran

But before the questions, YAY! I could house 15 goldies *dreamy look*

anyway......

1) How much is shipping going to be (estimated)? I emailed the seller, but the auction only has a few hours left. As long as it's $100 or less I can do that cause the tank is comming so cheap - assuming I decide to bid and win the auction. (oh yeah, it's about 750 miles away...)

2) I wan't to get a canester (multiple?) for it, but which kinds are best? How many gph am I looking at for a tank this size?

3) I'm going to plant the tank and let the plants get well rooted before adding the goldfish to it, how long will it take for the plants to root well enough that my goldies won't rip them up?

Thanks guys,

Tabi

Guest Gabi-hime

Just my two cents, but I bet it'd be cheaper to drive and pick up the tank rather than shipping it. For a tank that big made of glass (I assume) the shipping would probably be astronomical, and it might arrive broken unless packed by professionals (which I would ask for if you decide to ship it -- it may cost a little more, but then you know that it won't get broken. I'd insure it too). If it's at all feasible (and if you have some friends you can split the drive with and a car or truck that would fit the tank, then I'd say go for it.

As much as I'd love to go pick up a tank, I can't. I'm only 16 and don't even have a license. Trying to tell my mom we needed to drive cross country for a fish tank probably won't do it either.....

And I always email to ask if they ship before bidding. And the tanks I look at are cheaper (even with $400 shipping) than the local ones. And they come with stands, too.

Guest serpthia

$400.00 for shipping? Yikes, that is steep. I had a dining room set sent from China for $350.00 shipping. Okay, I will admit I had to wait six months for it to arrive, so maybe $400.00 is not so bad. But I just hate when shipping an item cost more than the item. It just doesn't seem right. I sure hope you find a way to get it.

Archived