Sign in to follow this  
Guest milylester

My Baby's All Grown Up!

Guest milylester

I don't often post on here, but I wanted to update you guys on my fry which I asked a question about a few months ago...

Well only one survived which was quite upsetting - I think it ate its brothers n sisters as it was developing faster :( . Anyway she (I think its female, but its a wild guess - can anyone help?) has grown loads and looks like a real fish! I released her into my main tank a few weeks ago and she is swimming about happily!

This was my first time breeding fish and I'd recommend it to anyone - its so nice to see your efforts pay off.

Erm I'd put a picture up but I don't know how! She's so cute!

Finally is it possible for a red-cap oranda and a gold fantail to make a white and orange fantail looking baby????? I think they were the parents...

Emily xxx

Wow congrats mate :lol: i can imagine how happy u must be ;)

u need 100 posts to post a pic though but u can post a link to your pic if u have uploaded it somewhere :yeah: really wanna see the fish

plus to answer your question : Yes it's possible the baby will be orange-fantail looking baby but cos GF genetics is so wild it's very hrad to predict. U just have to watch her grow up and see for urself what she's gonna be :lol:

Oh, I want to see that fish too! Pics please!

Guest milylester

:D Thanks...

Well that was hard work but I think it works - here are some links to the photos (i hope - i never have been good with computers!!!) :lol:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Emily xxx

Cute! How old is she? I have also only one surviving fry, he/she is 8 months. I think he killed two smaller fry.

Is that one of the parents on pic 4?

Is it a ryukin?

Guest milylester

She's only 5 months old! I don't think the fish in the background is the father - i had two males and one female. Both males were chasing the female, but my other male, a red-cap oranda seemed to get in there more!!!!! :yeah: lol the little devil - I could have had a pure fantail!

Btw the one in the background was sold to me as a fantail - if you think otherwse let me know!

Here are some pics of the likey parents lol (im getting into this now!):

Fishies when I first got them = (theyre not in that bowl anymore dont worry. The fish on the left (Harry) is i the father, and the small one on the right (chris) is the mother!

Fishies nowadays = Harry is on the lower right, and Chris is above.

Edited by milylester

thats great...I'm only at like 3 months...cant wait to see my fry with the parents for a little while

Guest milylester

I know, it was so fun when I released her with them - she'd been in the breeding net that you can see on the second of the last two pics. I still can't believe i managed to raise the little thing!

Have you or anyone else got anymore pics, I'd love to see them!

Love emily

xxx

hehe very cute fishy. i just gotta point out that unfortunately the tail is a little deformed though, still cute btw :lol:

Guest milylester

Yeh i know bout the tail problem, but things like that don't bother me at all. It was the parents' first time laying eggs and my first time for raising fry EVER, so I'm just pleased we managed to raise one!! :D

Emily

xxx