Pics Of Rubbermaid Tub

Jeana727

At last I get to see what a rubbermaid tub looks like!!!

For some reason I had a picture in my mind of a round black tub with rope handles!!! :blink:

I really like this, so much nicer than I imagined and it looks great!

yep, big thumbs up from me :thumb:

Any info on size of tub, amount of fish and size of filter etc please?

You don't really need the bungies at the top unless that's really soft plastic. Tubs are the only thing I have right now (and one cooler...but no glass), and it's the only thing I've ever had my goldie in. If it's soft plastic, be careful about putting heavy HOTBs on tubs unless you take the lid, cut out the middle leaving ~1-2" around the edge (with bits cut thinner for the filter), and clamp it down to the sides of the tub to keep it rigid. I've had bad experiences when I didn't use the clamp-on lid frame technique and hooked heavy stuff on the sides lol water and filters going everywhere.

It's either 29 or 30 gals, I forget.

I put the bungees on just to be on the safe side. It bowed a little when I filled it, so they were a precaution. I may take them off, but they don't really bother me.......and the fish haven't complained at all!

And my fishies are already growing!! :exactly

Oh the filter is just a HOB filter & doesn't weigh too much. I clean it weekly with my python.

:yeah:

It's either 29 or 30 gals, I forget.

I put the bungees on just to be on the safe side.  It bowed a little when I filled it, so they were a precaution.  I may take them off, but they don't really bother me.......and the fish haven't complained at all!

And my fishies are already growing!! :exactly

Oh the filter is just a HOB filter & doesn't weigh too much.  I clean thw tub weekly with my python.

:yeah:

391646[/snapback]

I don't think you can get too big of a container, as long as you have the filtration to take care of it! Bigger container means bigger fish!

Wow that is looking very nice! I'm going to get one soon, probably 30-40 gallons for a comet or heart tail (or two). It won't look as nice, and it can't be see thru since I'm sneaking it to college with me :D

At last I get to see what a rubbermaid tub looks like!!!

For some reason I had a picture in my mind of a round black tub with rope handles!!!  :blink:

I really like this, so much nicer than I imagined and it looks great!

yep, big thumbs up from me  :thumb:

Any info on size of tub, amount of fish and size of filter etc please?

thanks  :)

391323[/snapback]

omg! Kim! i had exactly the same problem!! i dont think we get those tubs over here!!

guess it was just us being silly Brits, eh?

Archived