What Filter Should I Get

Guest becka

Ok,

I have a 79gal tank with 2 x Pearscales, 2 x Orandas, 2 x Ryukins, 1 x Black Moor and 1 x Bubble eye and a fair few live plants At the moment they are all relatively small and my cannisters combined only turn over a total of 600 gph so I need a filter that will turn over 200 - 400 gph more for when the goldies get a bit bigger and was wondering if anyone has any idea on a good filter to get. Also what type? There are so many and I can't choose.

Thanks all

Bec

Ghieee 600 gph! that'll be...umm....about 2000 litre/hour! I'd think that'll be enuff for a good while yet. For canister filters, I'm told that it's ok not to follow the 10x volume of tank rule, although more filtration is always a good thing.

I'm a great advocate for more filtration and if you wanted to get an additional filter to help with the load - Aquaclear do the best hang on filters and for a small filter, their hourly outflow is terrific.

I have a couple of cannisters and 1 Aquaclear 300 on my 80gal and combined, they offer a bit more than I need :D

:) I have always used Aquaclears,and have been happy with the results of them for their price.I also am a Big advocate of the Emporer 400,and also the Penguin Filter's.I have been purchasing more of them lately,and can't say enough good about them. I personally believe in the 10 x's filtration,especially when your tank is maxed out,or overstocked. ;)

Archived