While I Am Already Lookin Stupid

Guest JustJayde

Guest JustJayde

I am curious how long it takes goldfish (just a lil fantail) to grow because he sure seems to be growing fast!

I got him July 30th and one of his hidey spots are already lookin a bit small when he goes in it!

darn I will have to buy a new bigger one and take out 2 of the current! lol he does like his hidey sleepie spot.

How long does it take till they look like a big fat golfball :D

so cute as babies, and so funny when they get golfball big!

I'm not sure how long it takes for them to grow. I think most of their growing is in their first year or two. It really depends on the individual care and individual fish. Be careful about his hidey spot, and take it out if you think he could possibly get stuck. Depending on the kind of ornament, you might be able to seal it off, so you can still have it in the tank but he can't go in. :)

Guest JustJayde

well that is no fun for him, if I seal it off.

I think I will pull it out and then in a month or 2 add a bigger one.... cuz soon he wont fit under the turtle either! lol so take out the 3 small and put in ONE big enough for him to play and hide in. :)

he will end up with only 1 toy in there and nothing else... I hope he will still be happy. Man it sucks bein poor!

Very good question - I can tell you that my fish grew so fast I could not believe. It was like, in a few months, he was a different fish! (If only I had known... ;) ) - He has been with me one year (don't know how old he was when I got him but he was defintitley young) - he grew THREE inches in one year!

Is the biggest growth spurt in the first year (I sure hope so)! maybe it just seems so big then and as they age they grow more slowly, more imperceptibly? :idont Alot depends on growth, WQ, genes, conditons, food, tank size.

Archived