Tank Humor

Guest Rain

heh, a couple of days ago i noticed one of my snail shells floating around. At first I thought it had died but after watching it for a few moments it started to stretch out if its shell - what seemed to be like it was trying to get out of it. Crazy looking!! anyhow while it was squirming, out of its shell some air bubbles to which it then pursued its float down to the bottom and creep away. It was the most amusing thing I've seen (since i've put the air stone in) So now from time to time i see the snail crawl onto the stone and float up to the top and float for a while amusing!! :D

I forgot I wanted to ask what the most amusing thing you guys have seen your fishies (or other aquatic creatures) do! :)

i put a turtle shaped candle holder into my tank-- it's big ehough so that fishies fit in and out of its belly-- it's funny too!

That is so cute! I wish I could see that.

Most amusing thing... hmmm.... lately Cody has discovered that if he moves the air hose around enough he can get the suction cup to pop off the wall of the tank and then the air stone flies around like crazy in the tank. I swear he does things like this just to aggravate me!! :lol:

Guest Chishower

I have a pleco who will surf on any bit of floating food (like his zuchinni), and my snails enjoy climbing to the top and gliding back down to the bottom.

I have an oranment that looks like an inca stone head carving. It was hollow so I cut the back of the oranment off.

Now my oranda enjoys sitting in the head like its a dog house or something. He backs himself in and only his head sticks out...weird, but funny.

haha...my biiiiig snails surf around on the bubbles....and i hear them crashing into the walls....sounds like the tank is exploding! :yikes

and my Moses, he comes to the top of the water and flips around, hitting the lid and making a racket around the time he knows he should eat! Every morning and night, if I forget, he does this! :D

I once had a Beta named Killer. I named him Killer because my mom put him in with our goldfish when we first got him and he literally chased the goldfish OUT of the tank (thats not the funny part).

The funny part came once we got him his own house, a tall wide flower vase. We put a large snail in with him for company and every time the snail climbed to the top of the vase, Killer would ram into it and send him sinking all the way to the bottom.

They would do this several times a day, the snail never learned.

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

usaully when i clean the tank with the siphon my fish get scared of the tube but one of the fantails were like "is that food?" and then goes crazy trying to eat the tube

:lol: Ha thats really really funny. Fish do the funniest things if watch them closely enough.

My baby Calico Telescope goldfish loves to try and actually herd my Spotted Dojo loach into the bubbles coming out of the airl ine causing him to shoot up to the surface. Then the little guy will do it again and again. He may not have a big brain but he knows how to have fun XD

-----------------------------------------------

1 baby Calico Telescope Goldfish (whos battling ick right now <_<

1 adult Black Moor

1 Spotted Dojo loach

1 Pleco

1 6 inch Oranda!!! (my baby)

Archived