My Fish Is Scared Of The Airator!

Guest Elfdaughter

Guest Elfdaughter
:newfish ! But - he seems to be scared of the airator in the tank. I don't know if this is because he hasn't had time to fully explore the tank, and find out it won't hurt him, or what!! My airator keeps half-floating to the surface - could that be what's scaring him?

Give him time and he'll get used to the floaty bubbler :) It took mine months to stop being afraid of silly things like that--but now he's lord of all he surveys lol. Objects that change frequently, have moving parts, or generally bobble around like another animal might take fish longer to get used to than stationary/uniform stuff like gravel, thermometers, etc. Have you tried weighting the bubbler down? I had trouble with some of my air equipment wanting to hover/float until I fixed metal plant weights (the inert kind) onto the airline tubing and such.

Guest Elfdaughter

Thanks Donya! Actually, he seems to be getting used to it - is getting nearer to it at any rate! I'll give that a try though. I tried covering it with gravel, but it still floated.

Archived