New Home For My Crayfish

gialeigh

Here is the crayfish I keep talking about in his new home. I found a 10 gallon tank today for $7.50! It had a hood, undergravel filter and an airpump included. I went out and got some pots like one of the members here suggested. Thank you very much by the way. The crayfish LOVES his new hiding place. He has perked up so much in his new home. He even ate today...first time in 5 days!

post-6615-1126059190_thumb.jpg

post-6615-1126059207_thumb.jpg

What a great set-up. I can't believe you got it all for $7.50 (about A$10) Over here you could never, ever find the same deal for less than A$70!!! ... and that would be a bargain, the normal price would be double that. Fishkeeping is soooo expensive in Australia, even tiny feeder goldfish are usually around $2.00 each.

Anyway, like I said, fantastic set-up, your crayfish is going to love his new home. Glad to hear he is eating again. They are all different.

My larger yabbie moulted 2 days ago and has an enormous appetitie whereas my other yabbie took about 5 days to eat again.

Oh I should have mentioned I got it used at a thrift store. The tag said 15.00 but when I went to the cashier she said it was on sale for 7.50! Woohoo! Just luck. I always try to look at thriftstores first for aquariums because they are so expensive. I remember about 4 years ago I got a 20 gallon tank with hood and stand at a thrift store for $20.00!

The crayfish has perked up so much I just cant believe it! His appetite is back with a vengence. He started nibbling on the plants already...which I expected...I hope if I keep him well fed enough he will leave them alone for the most part.

lol you know what when I was decorating my crayfish's tank I REALLY

wanted to do a kitchen theme...Its just a joke so please dont get upsett,

but tell me if you think its cute

I wanted to find a small pot to put in there for him to hide it. I

would place it on its side to look like it had fallen over. I would

put brown gravel in with little pieces of green and orange to make it

look like carrots and peas in soup. Then put a spoon or something in

there. Then see if I could print a background for it from my computer

that looked like a kitchen.

Lol I think it would be funny. I will do it one day. I love him and

would never eat him so please dont get mad! :):P

:) Nice pics! Although the kitchen theme sounds cute,I don't think the metal pot would work laying in your aquarium water.I guess you'd have to settle for maybe a glass bowl or something??? :yeah:

yeah I know I figured a metal pot wouldnt work....but I did see those plastic pot things for halloween. Like kettles or cauldrens or whatever they are. Its like a pot you set on a fire. I think that would work...I may get one of those...OR maybe I could even find like a child's toy pot...maybe one that looks real, but is plastic. Ill have to start searching the thrift stores again.

Hey by the way...are there any plants that crayfish do NOT like to eat? He has nearly devouved the one in there already

Archived