Clown Plec

panda-oranda1030

I just bought a clown plec and he does not appear to be eating or touching the bogwood. Is this natural? (right now I am seeing him devour the algae) I just purchased him last sunday, since monday I have put a steady stream of (2) algae wafers a day. I've noticed the goldies occaisionally find one in the dark, (he is about 1 1/2' [ 5 cm] ).

although otherwise he seems fine. he rminds me of a pickle so i named him after one :blink:

If theres enough algae then he wont need the wafers. As he is only young you only need to give him a quarter of a tablet every couple of days. When theres no algae then you can give him a quarter every night but really any more than that and you could easily pollute the tank. To stop the goldies getting it, its best to drop it in when its pitch black and the goldies are sleeping.

He will probably chew the bogwod at night when the lights are all off.

:D I've had two Clown Plec's for quite a while now,and not once have I ever seen them battle algae. :lol: Those guys hide all day under the Driftwood,although at feeding time,they can definately be enticed out to eat a piece of Pro-Gold,or a Blood worm or something!Not all Pleco's feast on wood as much as maybe a Bristlenose would.

Archived