Anyone Ordered Gf Via Internet/mail Order?

Sandman

I've been looking for some Panda Orandas and was thinking about ordering two from Pet Solutions since I can't find any in the pet stores around here. Has anyone ordered via mail order or internet? Were they good quality? How did they do going through shipping? Seems to me like the shipping could be pretty tough on them... Thanks!

If all is good with weather and the package is not misplaced, then shipping can certainly be pulled off without a hitch. Things DO happen though, so If you do order via the mail, be prepared....

I have recieved a happy healthy little wiggler all the way from Illinios, in the mail. He was sent next day air, before 10AM and he showed up hungry and wiggling all over.... :D

Good luck! :)

Paul

If your looking for high quality, http://www.goldfishconnection.com/ has some of the highest quality goldfish around. Its an auction set-up, you get the goldfish you see in the photo, and you know the goldfish has already been through a very rigorous quarentine period and has been checked for parasites.

You know, at some of the better, privately owned fish shops, you can special order goldfish of whatever variety is available at the time. You can usually get your pick of small, med and large. The shop will most likely buy several or more of them so that you can get your pick. Noting the delivery date, you can be there when the fish come in. Search your locale for such a shop and I think that would be the best route. ;)

Other than that, hopefully some other members here have some suggestions.

Paul

Guest labrat99

I thought goldfish connection had dropped their auction...

I've bought from Tommy Hui at goldfishnet.com a couple of times. He ships overnight via FedEx. He sells by auction at his site starting every Wednesday night and ending on on Sunday night.

As a matter of fact, I just came from checking out this weeks auction and he has a lot of three small Pandas for sale. Also one adult.

Labrat

Hi! I have not ordered a GF online - yet - (it is in the works as we speak) - but I

did recieve an order of eight tropical fish and several other aqautic fancies from an online site (they do not sell GF) - and it went very well! I checked out the references as much as possible first and chose the shipping according to the distance and the weather as best I could (and afford according to the total value, monetary and personal).

One thing to keep in mind, the fish you are likely to order from a (reputable) breeder have a better chance of surviving a stressful situation. But, of course, the closer to you that you can find an online breeder, the better. If big distances

are unavoidable - that one special fish is far away - be prepared to calcualte the cost of the most appropriate shipping into your "budget" (like super -overnight, if necessary). Check out the return/delivery arrival policy as thoroughly as possible before ordering. Most reputable breeders and businesses will always want to work with you in the event of a disappointing transaction - I have found that asking them clearly about the details in advance will give a good indication of who you are dealing with.

Order from a fish entusuaist, not a business man! And I second the vote for working with GC and Rick - I can't wait for the showroom to open! Also, Ken at Dandy Orandas is another great choice. (My previous order was from Arizona Aquatic Gardens - no goldies but some gorgeous plants and other freshwater sundries)!

Best wishes with your "purchase" - I hope we hear some great news soon! :)

Oh la la! What have you done to me, Labrat! I have not found that site before... WoW! That lot of three pandas is very nice! (Don't worry, I dont have room for them)! Nice!

BTW - is that THE Jackie Chan's brother?

Tommy Hui is great

Dandy Orandas cannot be beat.

Gunn Chusakul is another "new" face in the business - he has spectacular fish from Thailand (www.fish-corner.com)

I have not had any bad luck in shipping, but you must be prepared to pay for high quality, speedy shipping. It can be quite pricy.

I just received an order through the mail from Massachusetts (I live in South Carolina) and my fish are doing well. I think if you are totally prepared for the new arrivals when they come, you are much more likely to have a successful delivery.

This is a little off topic, but that tri-colored oranda at Goldfishnet.com is awesome!

(And I too have been wondering if the Jackie Chan they always mention is the actor, but there is picture of him in the China trip section from a distance, and I don't think it looks like the actor.)

Unfortuately, I can't find any Panda Orandas anywhere. The people at ThatPetPlace.com are going to see if they can order some for me.

I checked out Goldfishnet.com too. They had some really nice Panda Telescopes that I liked but they are a little pricey. $90 for 3 babies plus $55 shipping.

Archived