Dry Food?

x-Lucy-Fish-x

ok thanks.. sorry that first post was so sort and to the point its just i have a time limit on my aol account and it was about 30 seconds from cutting me off the internet!

hes acting a bit slow too, he just hangs out at the top dead still for ages, til i poke him or tap the glass etc.

hes still flaring at the frog!

I feel for yah with the internet time Lucy ;) Here's a tip...If you are going to start a post and you want to spend some time on it to make it detailed or something, make it on a word document first, then when you sign online, you can just paste :)

I'd fast him for a few days as well (don't worry, it won't hurt him) and then start feeding him a tiny tiny amount 2X a day. Peas sound good when you first start feeding again if he'll eat them. If not, it won't hurt, just make sure you feed him very little. You feed him pellets right? Stay away from snacks such as bloodworms, they take longer to digest and will most likely make Sid more constipated.

oh darn bloodworms is what ive been feeding him.. i think thats why he was so fat the other day.. he ate a ton! the dry food is freeze dried tubifex worms, sorry i forgot to add that to my last post.

thanks to the tip ;) lol

The freeze dried bloodworms are okay as a maybe once a week snack (possibly twice a week) if he's feeling alright and you don't feed too much :) Is that his main diet? I remember being at the pet store and the fish people were helping this little boy pick out his stuff for the new betta he was carrying around. A tiny tiny container (with gravel of course), no conditioner, and she gave hime the tetra worms to feed as a staple of the diet. I have this stuff too, and I believe on the contaiver it says it can be used as a meal or as a snack, but its really only good as a snack :)

I'm not sure if they sell Hikari in the UK...I don't know any good similar brands, but I'm sure you can find one. I'm not totally positive about nutrtion value but pick one with low ash.

Here's some info about Hikari:

Guarenteed Analysis:

Crude Protein- min38%

Crude Fat- min 4%

Crude Fiber- max 3%

Moisture- max 10%

Crude ash- max 12%

Phosphorus- min .7%

Typical Analysis:

Protein-42%

Oil- 7.8%

Fiber- 1.4%

Ash- 8%

Phosphorus- 1.2%

The first few ingrediants: fish meal, wheat flour, soybean meal, gluten meal, krill meal, wheat germ meal, cuttlefish oil.

Hikari would be at any vvvv or mmm. Do they have those in UK? Hikari is common to find here, but if you can't find it, try and match the ingrediants and Analysis the best you can. Maybe another UK member can help?

Archived