That Time Of Year Again.

Debi0825

I will have to start setting up the tanks in the basement to bring the Oranda's, Ryunkin, and Lionhead (along with the apple snails) in for the winter. Should I bring the Fry inside for the winter too? I keep the Koi, Comets and Shubunkins outside with a de-icer but I don't think the fry would survive the winter if left outside. Any thoughts?

my fry survived. Please stop with this depressing talk of bringing everyone in for the cold. It's going to happen soon enough, can't we just ignore it? ;)

Scott

390386[/snapback]

I would love to "NOT" talk about it, but it comes so fast in the Northeast. So you think they'll be okay with the cold temps and all the snow from October thru April?

they should be, everyone else is out there right? with stock heater. Mine survived and they were little some were about an inch or two. you could bring them in and they'll grow over the winter. I know if I were them I'd rather come in LOL

Scott

Yes, it's depressing to think about the winter, but it's the same here in Sweden!

I have 2 fish inside that's cycling the tank right now, and I will bring in the other 2 in a month. I've also caught some fry.

they should be, everyone else is out there right? with stock heater. Mine survived and they were little some were about an inch or two. you could bring them in and they'll grow over the winter. I know if I were them I'd rather come in LOL

Scott

390746[/snapback]

All the other Koi, Comets and Shubunkins stay outside for the winter with a deicer. I just bring in the fancy goldfish. I think I may try and bring them in (depending on how many of the little suckers I can catch. They are much faster than the Oranda's I have in that side of the pond. I would like to see them grow over the winter.

Archived